Velocity Reviews

-   -   Popen in Python3 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t961947-popen-in-python3.html)

Joseph L. Casale 06-19-2013 11:03 PM

Popen in Python3

I am trying to invoke a binary that requires dll's in two places all of
which are included in the path env variable in windows. When running
this binary with popen it can not find either, passing env=os.environ
to open made no difference.

Anyone know what might cause this or how to work around this?

Thanks,
jlc

Nobody 06-20-2013 03:34 AM

Re: Popen in Python3

On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 23:03:05 +0000, Joseph L. Casale wrote:

> I am trying to invoke a binary that requires dll's in two places all of
> which are included in the path env variable in windows. When running this
> binary with popen it can not find either, passing env=os.environ to open
> made no difference.
>
> Anyone know what might cause this or how to work around this?

Do any of the DLLs have dependencies of their own which need to be found?

Do DLLs with the same name exist in directories which are searched before
%PATH%? Directories listed in %PATH% are searched after all other options
have failed.

The relevant MSDN page appears to be:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.85%29.aspx

2dealsok 06-20-2013 03:52 AM