Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Digital Photography (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f37-digital-photography.html)
-   -   Garden of the God Achilles (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t961885-garden-of-the-god-achilles.html)

otter 06-18-2013 03:03 PM

Garden of the God Achilles
 
Here are 6 pictures taken at Garden of the Gods, taken the day after
Winter Storm Achilles. Click the arrow on the right to scroll through
them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkes...7619/lightbox/




peternew 06-18-2013 03:57 PM

Re: Garden of the God Achilles
 
On 6/18/2013 11:03 AM, otter wrote:
> Here are 6 pictures taken at Garden of the Gods, taken the day after
> Winter Storm Achilles. Click the arrow on the right to scroll through
> them.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkes...7619/lightbox/
>
>
>


Nicely done. I would love to go there either before sunrise, or after
sunset.
Last night I went to a lecture on night photography. the photographer
took shot in the National Parks using exposures of 30 minutes and more.
He painted foreground rocks with a flashlight.
<http://www.roaminwithroman.com/index.html>





--
PeterN

otter 06-18-2013 10:48 PM

Re: Garden of the God Achilles
 
On Jun 18, 10:57*am, peternew <peter....@verizon.net> wrote:
> On 6/18/2013 11:03 AM, otter wrote:
>
> > Here are 6 pictures taken at Garden of the Gods, taken the day after
> > Winter Storm Achilles. *Click the arrow on the right to scroll through
> > them.

>
> >http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkes.../set-721576339...

>
> Nicely done. I would love to go there either before sunrise, or after
> sunset.
> Last night I went to a lecture on night photography. the photographer
> took shot in the National Parks using exposures of 30 minutes and more.
> He painted foreground rocks with a flashlight.
> <http://www.roaminwithroman.com/index.html>
>
> --
> PeterN


I've been meaning to try flashlight painting. Thanks for reminding
me, although I don't know when I'll get to it. Roman has excellent
pictures on his website. I trust you will be showing off your newly
learned skills?

otter 06-18-2013 10:52 PM

Re: Garden of the God Achilles
 
On Jun 18, 10:08*am, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>
wrote:
> On 2013-06-18 08:03:32 -0700, otter <bighorn_b...@hotmail.com> said:
>
> > Here are 6 pictures taken at Garden of the Gods, taken the day after
> > Winter Storm Achilles. *Click the arrow on the right to scroll through
> > them.

>
> >http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkes.../set-721576339...

>
> Nice
>
> stuff!!
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Savageduck


Thanks. It somewhat compensated for spoiling my plans to camp and
hike in the Colorado high country that week.

peternew 06-19-2013 03:07 AM

Re: Garden of the God Achilles
 
On 6/18/2013 6:48 PM, otter wrote:
> On Jun 18, 10:57 am, peternew <peter....@verizon.net> wrote:
>> On 6/18/2013 11:03 AM, otter wrote:
>>
>>> Here are 6 pictures taken at Garden of the Gods, taken the day after
>>> Winter Storm Achilles. Click the arrow on the right to scroll through
>>> them.

>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkes.../set-721576339...

>>
>> Nicely done. I would love to go there either before sunrise, or after
>> sunset.
>> Last night I went to a lecture on night photography. the photographer
>> took shot in the National Parks using exposures of 30 minutes and more.
>> He painted foreground rocks with a flashlight.
>> <http://www.roaminwithroman.com/index.html>
>>
>> --
>> PeterN

>
> I've been meaning to try flashlight painting. Thanks for reminding
> me, although I don't know when I'll get to it. Roman has excellent
> pictures on his website. I trust you will be showing off your newly
> learned skills?
>


It was a lecture, not a workshop. But, as he put it, light painting is
an art, not a science. I do hope to try it though. One hint he mentioned
that one should paint rapidy as slow light movement could more easily
lead to hot spots, and missed spots.

--
PeterN


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.