Velocity Reviews

-   -   moddev-c64:range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t961494-moddev-c64-range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files.html)

James Kuyper 06-06-2013 10:09 PM

moddev-c64:range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files

I'm doing a pre-delivery test for PGE96 on moddev-c64. MetFileCreate.pm
is complaining about the fact that it wants to run

/MODAPSint/SDPToolkit/bin/range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files

but no such file exists. What needs to be done to install it there?
--
James Kuyper

James Kuyper 06-06-2013 10:13 PM

Re: moddev-c64:range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files

On 06/06/2013 06:09 PM, James Kuyper wrote:
> I'm doing a pre-delivery test for PGE96 on moddev-c64. MetFileCreate.pm
> is complaining about the fact that it wants to run
>
> /MODAPSint/SDPToolkit/bin/range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files
>
> but no such file exists. What needs to be done to install it there?

I did it again - sorry. It's not newsgroup related, it shouldn't have
been posted, and for some reason thunderbird won't let me send a
"Cancel" command.

Ivan Shmakov 06-07-2013 01:43 PM

Re: moddev-c64:range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files

>> I'm doing a pre-delivery test for PGE96 on moddev-c64.
>> MetFileCreate.pm is complaining about the fact that it wants to run

>> /MODAPSint/SDPToolkit/bin/range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files

>> but no such file exists. What needs to be done to install it there?

Well, based on the filename, I'd consider updating the local SDP
Toolkit install (or checking the latest changelog at the least.)

Alas, ftp://edhs1.gsfc.nasa.gov/ (where I used to get it)
doesn't seem to be available right now, so I can't check it
myself if they indeed have added a new binary to the bundle.

> I did it again - sorry. It's not newsgroup related,

... Unless the newsgroup is news:sci.geo.eos, that is. (Which
I've just cross-posted to.)

--
FSF associate member #7257

James Kuyper 06-07-2013 02:45 PM

OT - Re: moddev-c64:range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files

On 06/07/2013 09:43 AM, Ivan Shmakov wrote:

> >> I'm doing a pre-delivery test for PGE96 on moddev-c64.
> >> MetFileCreate.pm is complaining about the fact that it wants to run

> >> /MODAPSint/SDPToolkit/bin/range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files

> >> but no such file exists. What needs to be done to install it there?

> Well, based on the filename, I'd consider updating the local SDP
> Toolkit install (or checking the latest changelog at the least.)

No, we have the SDP Toolkit library (actually, several different
versions thereof) installed under the SDPToolkit directory, but other
subdirectories of SDPToolkit contain things connected to that library,
but not a part of it. range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files is an extremely
trivial program that I wrote (but someone else named :-( ) which
extracts the start and end times from an ephemeris or attitude file that
is in the format described in Appendix L of the SDP Toolkit User's
guide. It was supposed to have been installed in that location, and the
integration&test version of our MODAPS instance (MODAPSint) on that
machine can't ingest such files without it being in that precise
location. I don't have the right permissions to install it myself, or I
would have.

> > I did it again - sorry. It's not newsgroup related,

> ... Unless the newsgroup is news:sci.geo.eos, that is. (Which
> I've just cross-posted to.)

Leading me to have to post an apology to a whole new group of people for
having accidentally sent this message to a newsgroup instead of the
intended recipient.
--
James Kuyper

Ivan Shmakov 06-07-2013 04:41 PM

Re: OT - Re: moddev-c64:range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files

[...]

>> Well, based on the filename, I'd consider updating the local SDP
>> Toolkit install (or checking the latest changelog at the least.)

> No, we have the SDP Toolkit library (actually, several different
> versions thereof) installed under the SDPToolkit directory, but other
> subdirectories of SDPToolkit contain things connected to that
> library, but not a part of it.

[...]

> I don't have the right permissions to install it myself, or I would
> have.

ACK. Sorry for the buzz then.

>>> I did it again - sorry. It's not newsgroup related,

>> ... Unless the newsgroup is news:sci.geo.eos, that is. (Which I've
>> just cross-posted to.)

> Leading me to have to post an apology to a whole new group of people
> for having accidentally sent this message to a newsgroup instead of
> the intended recipient.

I'd not worry about that much. Based on my observations (or,
rather, logs), only some 20 messages have reached this group on
Aioe for some two years now, and none of them lived long enough
for my software to fetch it, -- presumably all being promptly
discarded as spam.

If there're any subscribers left in this group (except for
myself, that is) -- my guess'd be that by now, they'd be
thankful for pretty much any traffic whatsoever (as long as it
keeps this group from being removed.)

--
FSF associate member #7257

Jeb 06-09-2013 09:45 AM

James Kuyper wrote:
> I'm doing a pre-delivery test for PGE96 on moddev-c64.
> MetFileCreate.pm is complaining about the fact that it wants to run
>
> /MODAPSint/SDPToolkit/bin/range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files
>
> but no such file exists. What needs to be done to install it there?

Isn't that so stupid though? Who in their right mind would do such a thing?
Isn't it the epitome of sadness and lonliness?

Enue 06-12-2013 06:11 AM

James Kuyper wrote:

>> run

>> there?
>>
>> Well, based on the filename, I'd consider updating the local SDP
>> Toolkit install (or checking the latest changelog at the least.)

> No, we have the SDP Toolkit library (actually, several different
> versions thereof) installed under the SDPToolkit directory, but other
> subdirectories of SDPToolkit contain things connected to that library,
> but not a part of it. range_datetimes_from_ephatt_files is an
> extremely trivial program that I wrote (but someone else named :-( )
> which extracts the start and end times from an ephemeris or attitude
> file that is in the format described in Appendix L of the SDP Toolkit
> User's guide. It was supposed to have been installed in that
> location, and the integration&test version of our MODAPS instance
> (MODAPSint) on that machine can't ingest such files without it being
> in that precise location. I don't have the right permissions to
> install it myself, or I would have.
>
>> > I did it again - sorry. It's not newsgroup related,

>> ... Unless the newsgroup is news:sci.geo.eos, that is. (Which
>> I've just cross-posted to.)

> Leading me to have to post an apology to a whole new group of people
> for having accidentally sent this message to a newsgroup instead of
> the intended recipient.

Your name is <resume-like>, but what if I stop being the tech head and go
into business where you would maybe offer me your resume to work in my
company?

Hmm, James Kuyper? You'd hate to work for someone who knows your skill
better than you do, huh! All programmers at your level are playing a game,
but can't it past me. Hmm?