Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: [SI] Mandate Date Changes (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t960779-re-si-mandate-date-changes.html)

Robert Coe 05-19-2013 12:42 PM

Re: [SI] Mandate Date Changes

On Sat, 18 May 2013 09:51:13 -0700, "Frank S" <fsheffi1@san.rr.com> wrote:
:
: "Bowser" <idont@think.so> wrote in message
: news:la9fp81a3jsledjtsqi9i4k45d7ntvpu3t@4ax.com...
: > To accomodate the holiday schedule and my work/travel schedule, I've
: > pushed the due dates for the next two mandates back a bit. The new due
: > dates are:
: >
: > Furniture: June 2nd, 2013
: >
: > Grilling/Outdoor Cooking: July 14th, 2013
: >
: > More info:
: >
: > The galleries:
: >
: > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/furniture
: >
: > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bbq_outdoor_cooking
: >
: > For you noobs, the Shoot-In is a monthly exercise that was concieved a
: > long time ago, in a galaxy far,far away, but has survivied nearly 10
: > years since the first mandate. This isn't a contest; we shoot for
: > entertainment. For more info, please see the rulz page here:
: >
: > http://upload.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
: >
: > And don't forget the mandate following Furniture, which has already
: > been announced:
: >
: > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bbq_outdoor_cooking
: >
: > Lastly, how about some ideas for the 10th anniversary edition of the
: > Shoot-In? It will occur in August of this year, so get those synapses
: > firing and post some suggestions!
:
: RotTEN
: ForgotTEN
: TENacious
: TENse
: OsTENtatious
: AbsTENtion
: Malicious inTENt
: TENts
: Decimate
: ConTENd
: ConTENt
: CONtent
: et cetera, and so on, and so, on and doobie doobie do

We could photograph people or things that are ten years old. (As it happens, I
have a grandson who's ten, but obviously that doesn't figure in this
suggestion.)

Or we could throw it open and require each person to provide his own
idiosyncratic take on "ten".

Bob

PeterN 05-19-2013 05:42 PM

Re: [SI] Mandate Date Changes

On 5/19/2013 8:42 AM, Robert Coe wrote:
> On Sat, 18 May 2013 09:51:13 -0700, "Frank S" <fsheffi1@san.rr.com> wrote:
> :
> : "Bowser" <idont@think.so> wrote in message
> : news:la9fp81a3jsledjtsqi9i4k45d7ntvpu3t@4ax.com...
> : > To accomodate the holiday schedule and my work/travel schedule, I've
> : > pushed the due dates for the next two mandates back a bit. The new due
> : > dates are:
> : >
> : > Furniture: June 2nd, 2013
> : >
> : > Grilling/Outdoor Cooking: July 14th, 2013
> : >
> : > More info:
> : >
> : > The galleries:
> : >
> : > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/furniture
> : >
> : > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bbq_outdoor_cooking
> : >
> : > For you noobs, the Shoot-In is a monthly exercise that was concieved a
> : > long time ago, in a galaxy far,far away, but has survivied nearly 10
> : > years since the first mandate. This isn't a contest; we shoot for
> : > entertainment. For more info, please see the rulz page here:
> : >
> : > http://upload.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
> : >
> : > And don't forget the mandate following Furniture, which has already
> : > been announced:
> : >
> : > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bbq_outdoor_cooking
> : >
> : > Lastly, how about some ideas for the 10th anniversary edition of the
> : > Shoot-In? It will occur in August of this year, so get those synapses
> : > firing and post some suggestions!
> :
> : RotTEN
> : ForgotTEN
> : TENacious
> : TENse
> : OsTENtatious
> : AbsTENtion
> : Malicious inTENt
> : TENts
> : Decimate
> : ConTENd
> : ConTENt
> : CONtent
> : et cetera, and so on, and so, on and doobie doobie do
>
> We could photograph people or things that are ten years old. (As it happens, I
> have a grandson who's ten, but obviously that doesn't figure in this
> suggestion.)
>
> Or we could throw it open and require each person to provide his own
> idiosyncratic take on "ten".
>
> Bob

Not a bad idea.

--