Velocity Reviews

-   -   Kodak reorganization (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t960409-kodak-reorganization.html)

Dale 05-06-2013 04:48 AM

Kodak reorganization

I read that Kodak is going to focus on printing, packaging and software

I read they are selling their film business but keeping their motion
picture business

what the strategic planners their should do is

1) map out ALL the imaging workflows
2) indicate all participations, systems or products
3) identify customers and partners
4) build business cases

--
Dale

Dale 05-06-2013 07:27 AM

Re: Kodak reorganization

On 05/06/2013 12:48 AM, Dale wrote:
> I read that Kodak is going to focus on printing, packaging and software
>
> I read they are selling their film business but keeping their motion
> picture business
>
> what the strategic planners their should do is
>
> 1) map out ALL the imaging workflows
> 2) indicate all participations, systems or products
> 3) identify customers and partners
> 4) build business cases

and don't forget

5) ask why there aren't participations
6) keep up with changes in workflows
7) central system offerings are best to vie
8) create better workflows

--
Dale

Martin Brown 05-06-2013 08:16 AM

Re: Kodak reorganization

On 06/05/2013 08:27, Dale wrote:
> On 05/06/2013 12:48 AM, Dale wrote:
>> I read that Kodak is going to focus on printing, packaging and software
>>
>> I read they are selling their film business but keeping their motion
>> picture business
>>
>> what the strategic planners their should do is
>>
>> 1) map out ALL the imaging workflows
>> 2) indicate all participations, systems or products
>> 3) identify customers and partners
>> 4) build business cases
>>

> and don't forget
>
> 5) ask why there aren't participations
> 6) keep up with changes in workflows
> 7) central system offerings are best to vie
> 8) create better workflows

Why not spend a couple of years working on a high falutin' corporate
mission statement inscribed in gold on vellum too for good measure?

You sound exactly like the sort of ****witted MBA management consultant
that ruined their technology led business in the first place.

A company that pioneered single shot colour digital imaging from the
outset did not deserve such an ignominious end.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Dale 05-06-2013 08:54 AM

Re: Kodak reorganization

On 05/06/2013 04:16 AM, Martin Brown wrote:

> Why not spend a couple of years working on a high falutin' corporate
> mission statement inscribed in gold on vellum too for good measure?
>
> You sound exactly like the sort of ****witted MBA management consultant
> that ruined their technology led business in the first place.
>
> A company that pioneered single shot colour digital imaging from the
> outset did not deserve such an ignominious end.

what is your suggesting for moving forward?

Kodak had too many middlemen making decisions, that it why they kept
trying to leverage film and decided not to be progressive with digital
cameras

I used to work in R&D there, I know corporate culture all too well

--
Dale

RichA 05-06-2013 11:35 AM

Re: Kodak reorganization

On May 6, 12:48*am, Dale <inva...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> I read that Kodak is going to focus on printing, packaging and software
>
> I read they are selling their film business but keeping their motion
> picture business
>
> what the strategic planners their should do is
>
> 1) map out ALL the imaging workflows
> 2) indicate all participations, systems or products
> 3) identify customers and partners
> 4) build business cases
>
> --
> Dale

They are dead. Pretty soon, they'll be selling cheap, corporate gift
novelties like Vivitar and Polaroid now do.