Velocity Reviews

-   -   Noctua NF-A14 FLX and ULN 140mm Case Fan (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t960338-noctua-nf-a14-flx-and-uln-140mm-case-fan.html)

Becky 05-03-2013 05:33 PM

Noctua NF-A14 FLX and ULN 140mm Case Fan

Ninja Lane have reviewed the Noctua NF-A14 FLX and ULN 140mm Case Fan:

Quote:

"Aftermarket fans come in a variety of different configurations with size being the most distinctive. As we have mentioned many times larger fans tend to perform better because they can move large amounts of air without excess noise. Of course, there is also a physical limitation in how much air can be moved so the challenge is finding a blance between overall performance and noise output.

Cooling enthusiasts will be familiar with the name Noctua as being one of the premier companies dedicated to creating high quality cooling gear and takes pride in knowing they are also the quietest. We have reviewed a few Noctua fans in the past and found them to be extremely well crafted but felt a little underpowered when compared to the larger and more powerful counterparts. Therein lies the compromise, you can have a powerful fan that moves a great deal of air or you can find something with a less aggressive cooling profile where noise control is a primary factor.

In this review we'll be looking at some new case fans from Noctua called the NF-A14 FLX and NF-A14 ULN. Both fans share a common form factor, have identical frames and even come with the same technology so, what makes them different."
Read more here.