Velocity Reviews

-   -   Firefox 1pr & Amazon (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t9603-firefox-1pr-and-amazon.html)

Kenchie 10-21-2004 06:32 PM

Firefox 1pr & Amazon

I just got this message when trying to login to my Amazon.co.uk account;

Firefox & www.amazon.co.uk cannot communicate securely because they have
no common encryption algorithms.

Using WinXP sp2 by the way. Anyone else had this??

TIA
--
Kenchie
<insert unfunny tagline here>

Philip Thomas 10-21-2004 07:00 PM

Re: Firefox 1pr & Amazon

"Kenchie" <me@here.com> wrote in message
>I just got this message when trying to login to my Amazon.co.uk account;
>
> Firefox & www.amazon.co.uk cannot communicate securely because they have
> no common encryption algorithms.
>
> Using WinXP sp2 by the way. Anyone else had this??
>
> TIA
> --
> Kenchie
> <insert unfunny tagline here>

I use amazon.co.uk all the time and have had no problems with Firefox at the
site. I too am using XPSP2, I log in using the secure server. Probably not
what you wanted to hear - sorry.

Phil

Kenchie 10-21-2004 07:48 PM

Re: Firefox 1pr & Amazon

I put it to you, Philip Thomas, that on Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:00:48 +0100
you did state the following;

> "Kenchie" <me@here.com> wrote in message
> >I just got this message when trying to login to my Amazon.co.uk account;
> >
> > Firefox & www.amazon.co.uk cannot communicate securely because they have
> > no common encryption algorithms.
> >
> > Using WinXP sp2 by the way. Anyone else had this??
> >
> > TIA
> > --

Just tried again and it worked fine.
I hearby declare this thread closed!

Daniel Neades 10-22-2004 11:01 AM

Re: Firefox 1pr & Amazon

Kenchie <me@here.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1be222da33503ec898968a@news.zen.co.uk>.. .
> Just tried again and it worked fine.
> I hearby declare this thread closed!

Not so fast...I've just received exactly this error, again with
Firefox PR1 running on XP SP2, trying to access amazon.co.uk.

Mike 11-11-2004 06:39 PM

Re: Firefox 1pr & Amazon

Just had the same thing myself winxp pro sp2 Firefox Version 1.0

rich 11-14-2004 05:49 PM

Re: Firefox 1pr & Amazon

I get this problem too FF1.0 Win XP service pack 1.