Velocity Reviews

-   -   Sanyo problem with remote (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t959509-sanyo-problem-with-remote.html)

geopelia 04-07-2013 09:42 PM

Sanyo problem with remote

I got one of those new TV set boxes. The remote is a Sanyo for the set box
stations. The TV remote is a Loewe.

I need to know what button I press to get from the old TV to the new setbox.
I tried Sanyo's website but they have closed down in New Zealand, and their
help line goes to Australia, I think. Or Japan?

The TV firm was no help on the phone but the man says he will call in here.
He "doesn't know how it was set up"
..He did say unplug and replug the power cable, which got the box power
working again, but I switched to the old TV when a problem happened and the
remote wouldn't work, and now I don't know how to change back. There doesn't
seem to be a button on the box itself.

Surely there is just one button or something to press? I didn't get an
instruction book with the box.

Any ideas please?

Geopelia

Dave Doe 04-07-2013 10:09 PM

Re: Sanyo problem with remote

In article <kjsp2m$fjl$1@dont-email.me>, geopelia@nowhere.com, geopelia
says...

> I got one of those new TV set boxes. The remote is a Sanyo for the set box
> stations. The TV remote is a Loewe.
>
> I need to know what button I press to get from the old TV to the new setbox.
> I tried Sanyo's website but they have closed down in New Zealand, and their
> help line goes to Australia, I think. Or Japan?
>
> The TV firm was no help on the phone but the man says he will call in here.
> He "doesn't know how it was set up"
> .He did say unplug and replug the power cable, which got the box power
> working again, but I switched to the old TV when a problem happened and the
> remote wouldn't work, and now I don't know how to change back. There doesn't
> seem to be a button on the box itself.
>
> Surely there is just one button or something to press? I didn't get an
> instruction book with the box.
>
> Any ideas please?
>
> Geopelia

Got nothing to do with the Sanyo - this is about getting your TV onto
the set box "channel". So looking at your TV remote, check for a
"channel" change button - like AV, or HDMI etc. And just go through
those. Ensure your set top box is on so you'll know when you've got it
right! :)

You might be able to get a hint yourself, by checking the input/output
leads from the set top freeview box to your TV - what "line" is it
plugged into on your TV - it should have a name - that's the "channel"
you want to select on your TV remote.

--
Duncan.

Dave Doe 04-07-2013 10:14 PM

Re: Sanyo problem with remote

In article <MPG.2bccb5b888e8f3f4989a20@news.eternal-september.org>,
hard@work.ok, Dave Doe says...

> In article <kjsp2m$fjl$1@dont-email.me>, geopelia@nowhere.com, geopelia
> says...
> >
> > I got one of those new TV set boxes. The remote is a Sanyo for the set box
> > stations. The TV remote is a Loewe.
> >
> > I need to know what button I press to get from the old TV to the new setbox.
> > I tried Sanyo's website but they have closed down in New Zealand, and their
> > help line goes to Australia, I think. Or Japan?
> >
> > The TV firm was no help on the phone but the man says he will call in here.
> > He "doesn't know how it was set up"
> > .He did say unplug and replug the power cable, which got the box power
> > working again, but I switched to the old TV when a problem happened and the
> > remote wouldn't work, and now I don't know how to change back. There doesn't
> > seem to be a button on the box itself.
> >
> > Surely there is just one button or something to press? I didn't get an
> > instruction book with the box.
> >
> > Any ideas please?
> >
> > Geopelia

> Got nothing to do with the Sanyo - this is about getting your TV onto
> the set box "channel". So looking at your TV remote, check for a
> "channel" change button - like AV, or HDMI etc. And just go through
> those. Ensure your set top box is on so you'll know when you've got it
> right! :)
>
> You might be able to get a hint yourself, by checking the input/output
> leads from the set top freeview box to your TV - what "line" is it
> plugged into on your TV - it should have a name - that's the "channel"
> you want to select on your TV remote.

And... at a guess, it will be the AV buton (your old Loewe probably
doesn't have HDMI on the remote) - so press that, maybe more than once -
as it should go through TV/AV/AV1/AV2 etc, and back to TV (ie go round
the options).

--
Duncan.

Enkidu 04-07-2013 10:41 PM

On 08/04/13 10:09, Dave Doe wrote:
> In article <kjsp2m$fjl$1@dont-email.me>, geopelia@nowhere.com, geopelia
> says...
>>
>> I got one of those new TV set boxes. The remote is a Sanyo for the set box
>> stations. The TV remote is a Loewe.
>>
>> I need to know what button I press to get from the old TV to the new setbox.
>> I tried Sanyo's website but they have closed down in New Zealand, and their
>> help line goes to Australia, I think. Or Japan?
>>
>> The TV firm was no help on the phone but the man says he will call in here.
>> He "doesn't know how it was set up"
>> .He did say unplug and replug the power cable, which got the box power
>> working again, but I switched to the old TV when a problem happened and the
>> remote wouldn't work, and now I don't know how to change back. There doesn't
>> seem to be a button on the box itself.
>>
>> Surely there is just one button or something to press? I didn't get an
>> instruction book with the box.
>>
>> Any ideas please?
>>
>> Geopelia

> Got nothing to do with the Sanyo - this is about getting your TV onto
> the set box "channel". So looking at your TV remote, check for a
> "channel" change button - like AV, or HDMI etc. And just go through
> those. Ensure your set top box is on so you'll know when you've got it
> right! :)
>
> You might be able to get a hint yourself, by checking the input/output
> leads from the set top freeview box to your TV - what "line" is it
> plugged into on your TV - it should have a name - that's the "channel"
> you want to select on your TV remote.

I agree, but it isn't a "channel" button, is it? Calling it that could
be confusing. On my remote for my Panasonic, there are two buttons, TV
and AV. These are *inputs*. The TV button switches to the normal analog
signal on the TV. The set top box is connected to one of the alternate
inputs (AV), I suspect. As Duncan says, the AV button is the one that
you want, probably.

What model is your Loewe Geo? We could look it up for you, on a site
like this :
http://www.findremotes.com/remote-co...ol-1240157.htm

Cheers,

Cliff

geopelia 04-07-2013 11:32 PM

"Dave Doe" <hard@work.ok> wrote in message
> In article <kjsp2m$fjl$1@dont-email.me>, geopelia@nowhere.com, geopelia
> says...
>>
>> I got one of those new TV set boxes. The remote is a Sanyo for the set
>> box
>> stations. The TV remote is a Loewe.
>>
>> I need to know what button I press to get from the old TV to the new
>> setbox.
>> I tried Sanyo's website but they have closed down in New Zealand, and
>> their
>> help line goes to Australia, I think. Or Japan?
>>
>> The TV firm was no help on the phone but the man says he will call in
>> here.
>> He "doesn't know how it was set up"
>> .He did say unplug and replug the power cable, which got the box power
>> working again, but I switched to the old TV when a problem happened and
>> the
>> remote wouldn't work, and now I don't know how to change back. There
>> doesn't
>> seem to be a button on the box itself.
>>
>> Surely there is just one button or something to press? I didn't get an
>> instruction book with the box.
>>
>> Any ideas please?
>>
>> Geopelia

> Got nothing to do with the Sanyo - this is about getting your TV onto
> the set box "channel". So looking at your TV remote, check for a
> "channel" change button - like AV, or HDMI etc. And just go through
> those. Ensure your set top box is on so you'll know when you've got it
> right! :)

I tried that, it's all "no signal".

> You might be able to get a hint yourself, by checking the input/output
> leads from the set top freeview box to your TV - what "line" is it
> plugged into on your TV - it should have a name - that's the "channel"
> you want to select on your TV remote.

Thank you. I tried AV, which just shows "video". Pressing a station shows
"no signal"

On the box, red and white are plugged into 'audio'
Yellow is into 'component'

On the TV set all three are into EOEO-AV2 Yellow on left, white middle, red
on right.

I've got a button on the TV remote 0 That doesn't work
AV

I don't have an AV2 button. I've got 2
ABC

More complicated than it seemed when the TV man was here.

I wonder how many other people are as baffled as I am.
Am I just dumb?
This government needs shooting changing a simple system.

Dave Doe 04-08-2013 12:13 AM

Re: Sanyo problem with remote

In article <kjsvh1$o8n$1@dont-email.me>, geopelia@nowhere.com, geopelia
says...

> "Dave Doe" <hard@work.ok> wrote in message
> > In article <kjsp2m$fjl$1@dont-email.me>, geopelia@nowhere.com, geopelia
> > says...
> >>
> >> I got one of those new TV set boxes. The remote is a Sanyo for the set
> >> box
> >> stations. The TV remote is a Loewe.
> >>
> >> I need to know what button I press to get from the old TV to the new
> >> setbox.
> >> I tried Sanyo's website but they have closed down in New Zealand, and
> >> their
> >> help line goes to Australia, I think. Or Japan?
> >>
> >> The TV firm was no help on the phone but the man says he will call in
> >> here.
> >> He "doesn't know how it was set up"
> >> .He did say unplug and replug the power cable, which got the box power
> >> working again, but I switched to the old TV when a problem happened and
> >> the
> >> remote wouldn't work, and now I don't know how to change back. There
> >> doesn't
> >> seem to be a button on the box itself.
> >>
> >> Surely there is just one button or something to press? I didn't get an
> >> instruction book with the box.
> >>
> >> Any ideas please?
> >>
> >> Geopelia

> > Got nothing to do with the Sanyo - this is about getting your TV onto
> > the set box "channel". So looking at your TV remote, check for a
> > "channel" change button - like AV, or HDMI etc. And just go through
> > those. Ensure your set top box is on so you'll know when you've got it
> > right! :)

> I tried that, it's all "no signal".
>

> > You might be able to get a hint yourself, by checking the input/output
> > leads from the set top freeview box to your TV - what "line" is it
> > plugged into on your TV - it should have a name - that's the "channel"
> > you want to select on your TV remote.
> >

> Thank you. I tried AV, which just shows "video". Pressing a station shows
> "no signal"
>
> On the box, red and white are plugged into 'audio'
> Yellow is into 'component'
>
> On the TV set all three are into EOEO-AV2 Yellow on left, white middle, red
> on right.
>
> I've got a button on the TV remote 0 That doesn't work
> AV
>
> I don't have an AV2 button. I've got 2
> ABC

Since it's pluggee into EOEO-AV2, if you keep pressing AV on your TV
remote, I'm thinking it should change to AV (1), and then if you press
it again, to AV2. And that should be it.

--
Duncan.

geopelia 04-08-2013 01:18 AM

> In article <kjsvh1$o8n$1@dont-email.me>, geopelia@nowhere.com, geopelia
> says...
>>
>> "Dave Doe" <hard@work.ok> wrote in message
>> > In article <kjsp2m$fjl$1@dont-email.me>, geopelia@nowhere.com, geopelia
>> > says...

>> > Got nothing to do with the Sanyo - this is about getting your TV onto
>> > the set box "channel". So looking at your TV remote, check for a
>> > "channel" change button - like AV, or HDMI etc. And just go through
>> > those. Ensure your set top box is on so you'll know when you've got it
>> > right! :)

>> I tried that, it's all "no signal".
>>

>> > You might be able to get a hint yourself, by checking the input/output
>> > leads from the set top freeview box to your TV - what "line" is it
>> > plugged into on your TV - it should have a name - that's the "channel"
>> > you want to select on your TV remote.
>> >

>> Thank you. I tried AV, which just shows "video". Pressing a station shows
>> "no signal"
>>
>> On the box, red and white are plugged into 'audio'
>> Yellow is into 'component'
>>
>> On the TV set all three are into EOEO-AV2 Yellow on left, white middle,
>> red
>> on right.
>>
>> I've got a button on the TV remote 0 That doesn't work
>> AV
>>
>> I don't have an AV2 button. I've got 2
>> ABC

> Since it's pluggee into EOEO-AV2, if you keep pressing AV on your TV
> remote, I'm thinking it should change to AV (1), and then if you press
> it again, to AV2. And that should be it.

Do you mean what is shown on the TV screen? That still shows '0 Video'
every time.

Dave Doe 04-08-2013 01:41 AM

Re: Sanyo problem with remote

In article <kjt5oo$o2h$1@dont-email.me>, geopelia@nowhere.com, geopelia
says...

> "Dave Doe" <hard@work.ok> wrote in message
> > In article <kjsvh1$o8n$1@dont-email.me>, geopelia@nowhere.com, geopelia
> > says...
> >>
> >> "Dave Doe" <hard@work.ok> wrote in message

> >> I tried that, it's all "no signal".

> >> Thank you. I tried AV, which just shows "video". Pressing a station shows
> >> "no signal"
> >>
> >> On the box, red and white are plugged into 'audio'
> >> Yellow is into 'component'
> >>
> >> On the TV set all three are into EOEO-AV2 Yellow on left, white middle,
> >> red
> >> on right.
> >>
> >> I've got a button on the TV remote 0 That doesn't work
> >> AV
> >>
> >> I don't have an AV2 button. I've got 2
> >> ABC

> > Since it's pluggee into EOEO-AV2, if you keep pressing AV on your TV
> > remote, I'm thinking it should change to AV (1), and then if you press
> > it again, to AV2. And that should be it.

> Do you mean what is shown on the TV screen? That still shows '0 Video'
> every time.

Yes, the TV screen, using the TV remote (this is not a skybox issue).
This is chaning your TV input mode so it's on the input for the sky box.
Do you still have your TV manual? If so, read it! :)

--
Duncan.

geopelia 04-08-2013 03:31 AM

> In article <kjt5oo$o2h$1@dont-email.me>, geopelia@nowhere.com, geopelia
> says...
>>
>> "Dave Doe" <hard@work.ok> wrote in message
>> > In article <kjsvh1$o8n$1@dont-email.me>, geopelia@nowhere.com, geopelia
>> > says...

>> > Since it's pluggee into EOEO-AV2, if you keep pressing AV on your TV
>> > remote, I'm thinking it should change to AV (1), and then if you press
>> > it again, to AV2. And that should be it.

>> Do you mean what is shown on the TV screen? That still shows '0 Video'
>> every time.

> Yes, the TV screen, using the TV remote (this is not a skybox issue).
> This is chaning your TV input mode so it's on the input for the sky box.
> Do you still have your TV manual? If so, read it! :)

I've got it, but the TV is very old, well before Sky and these setbox things
were invented.
It's on its second remote, the old one wore out.
The TV man has just called

On the TV remote there is a circle thing with four dots and OK The side
dots do the volume.

The top dot going up goes 1 2 3 4 5

The bottom dot going down goes 3 2 1 0 AV1 (for tape) AV2 for Freeview
(box)
AV2 is the one I want.

I would never have guessed that in a million years.

I had a look at the Loewe manual but that is years old and shows the old
remote, nothing like the new one.

And I thought computers were complicated enough!
Dumb, aren't I?
I wonder what will happen when the government switches the old TV off and
this new box plays up.
But I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Enkidu 04-08-2013 05:15 AM

On 08/04/13 15:31, geopelia wrote:

> And I thought computers were complicated enough!

Heheheh! I worked with computers for many years and never got the TV/DVD
player/VCR sorted out properly. The new digital setup (I have
"MyFreeview" is much simpler.

> Dumb, aren't I?

Not at all.

> I wonder what will happen when the government switches the old TV off and
> this new box plays up.

Your computer man could advise.