Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Python log parser (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t959438-re-python-log-parser.html)

Dave Angel 04-05-2013 11:56 AM

Re: Python log parser

On 04/05/2013 07:20 AM, Nac Temha wrote:
> I could not do using syslog module.

Please don't top-post. It messes up the history order entirely.

What could you not do using syslog? What did you try, and what
exception did it throw?

Show your code, and either say precisely in what way it didn't "work" or
post the full exception traceack.

--
DaveA

Grant Edwards 04-05-2013 01:39 PM

Re: Python log parser

On 2013-04-05, Dave Angel <davea@davea.name> wrote:
> On 04/05/2013 07:20 AM, Nac Temha wrote:

>> I could not do using syslog module.

> What could you not do using syslog?

Parse syslog files, presumably -- that's what he asked about.

> What did you try, and what exception did it throw?

I'm rather at a loss as to how the syslog module can be used to parse
syslog files. Perhaps somebody can be a little more detailed?

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I am a jelly donut.
at I am a jelly donut.