Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: How do you manage your digital photos? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t959344-re-how-do-you-manage-your-digital-photos.html)

mail@photodali.com 04-03-2013 11:33 AM

Re: How do you manage your digital photos?

Try to use Photodali Photo Manager for Windows, http://www.photodali.com

21blackswan@gmail.com 04-04-2013 05:33 PM

Re: How do you manage your digital photos?

does anyone use Picasa?
I had it installed once, some years back,
and it seemed like it had possibilities,
if I recall.

photo management is what we're looking for, correct?

marc

Rikishi42 04-07-2013 11:40 PM

On 2013-04-04, 21blackswan@gmail.com <21blackswan@gmail.com> wrote:
> does anyone use Picasa?
> I had it installed once, some years back,
> and it seemed like it had possibilities,
> if I recall.
>
> photo management is what we're looking for, correct?

Sure. As soon as someone defines what "photo management" is, exaclty...

Me, I use simple directories.

The unmodified, uncorrected original pictures allways immediatly go to my
archives, in a subdir called 'yyyymmdd_subject'.

Any kind of project in which I use pictures is somewhere else on the
machine(s). But they only contain copies of the originals.

I do prefer to stay far, far away from any application lock-in.

--
When in doubt, use brute force.
-- Ken Thompson

Peter Jason 04-20-2013 04:43 AM

Re: How do you manage your digital photos?

On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 01:40:53 +0200, Rikishi42
<skunkworks@rikishi42.net> wrote:

>On 2013-04-04, 21blackswan@gmail.com <21blackswan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> does anyone use Picasa?
>> I had it installed once, some years back,
>> and it seemed like it had possibilities,
>> if I recall.
>>
>> photo management is what we're looking for, correct?

>Sure. As soon as someone defines what "photo management" is, exaclty...
>
>Me, I use simple directories.
>
>The unmodified, uncorrected original pictures allways immediatly go to my
>archives, in a subdir called 'yyyymmdd_subject'.
>
>Any kind of project in which I use pictures is somewhere else on the
>machine(s). But they only contain copies of the originals.
>

>I do prefer to stay far, far away from any application lock-in.

I'm using lightroom 4 to tag all the photos. When
that's done i'll sort them into categories and
store them.