Velocity Reviews

-   -   Compact Power: Review of Five Low-Profile PSUs from Seasonic and Enhance (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t959313-compact-power-review-of-five-low-profile-psus-from-seasonic-and-enhance.html)

Becky 04-02-2013 06:10 PM

Compact Power: Review of Five Low-Profile PSUs from Seasonic and Enhance

X-Bit Labs have published their reviewed of five low-profile PSUs from Seasonic and Enhance:

Quote:

"There are a whole lot of different types of compact power supplies: SFX12V (in multiple versions varying in size and component layout), TFX12V, CFX12V, LFX12V, FlexATX... It would be next to impossible to collect all of them in one review and hardly necessary too since they are not interchangeable, so our todayís tests will be concerned with only two varieties. TFX12V PSUs are a popular choice for compact computers whereas FlexATX PSUs can be found in 1U servers, besides desktop PCs.

It must be noted that the PSUs we are about to test cannot be compared directly. Seasonicís products are newer and certified for the 80 PLUS Gold standard whereas the Enhance ones are older and only comply with the 80 PLUS Bronze or even just the basic 80 PLUS standard.

Anyway, we don't often have to deal with such form-factors but they are important indeed considering the growing popularity of compact computers. Thatís why the difference in class doesnít prevent us from discussing them all in a single review."
Read more here.