Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Why does this only work when I am running a shellscript (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t959212-re-why-does-this-only-work-when-i-am-running-a-shellscript.html)

Roedy Green 03-30-2013 03:35 PM

Re: Why does this only work when I am running a shellscript

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 09:46:38 +0100, Cecil Westerhof <Cecil@decebal.nl>

>It hangs. It is not the command, because if I execute the command I
>print in the shell directly, there is no problem.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/exec.html

exec wants an executable, not a raw script command.
Motors make noise, and that tells you about the feelings and attitudes
that went into it. Something was more important than sensory pleasure --
nobody would invent a chair or dish that smelled bad or that made horrible
noises -- why were motors invented noisy? How could they possibly be
considered complete or successful inventions with this glaring defect?
Unless, of course, the aggressive, hostile, assaultive sound actually served
to express some impulse of the owner.
~ Philip Slater (born: 1927 age: 85)
The Wayward Gate: Science and the Supernatural