Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Tale of the Laser - redux (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t959148-re-tale-of-the-laser-redux.html)

Robert Coe 03-28-2013 01:47 AM

Re: Tale of the Laser - redux

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 21:56:40 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
: Well here is the outcome of one of the "Laser pointed at aircraft"
: cases which we had discussed some weeks ago.
: <
: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/03/25/529...for-laser.html

Commit the crime, do the time.

But this is the USA. His lawyers will get him off on appeeeeeal. :^(

Bob

03-30-2013 02:51 AM

Re: Tale of the Laser - redux

Robert Coe <bob@1776.COM> wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 21:56:40 -0700, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>> Well here is the outcome of one of the "Laser pointed at aircraft"
>> cases which we had discussed some weeks ago.
>> <
>> http://www.sacbee.com/2013/03/25/529...for-laser.html

> Commit the crime, do the time.
>
> But this is the USA. His lawyers will get him off on appeeeeeal. :^(
>
> Bob

When an inmate gets released on appeal, can his attorneys help him sue the
government for damages due to wrongful imprisonment? If so

1. Commit crime that has prison sentence.
2. Get arrested.
3. ...
4. Profit.

Robert Coe 03-30-2013 01:53 PM

Re: Tale of the Laser - redux

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 02:51:05 +0000 (UTC), <adelphi@inbox.com> wrote:
: Robert Coe <bob@1776.COM> wrote:
: > On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 21:56:40 -0700, Savageduck
: > <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
: >> Well here is the outcome of one of the "Laser pointed at aircraft"
: >> cases which we had discussed some weeks ago.
: >> <
: >> http://www.sacbee.com/2013/03/25/529...for-laser.html
: >
: > Commit the crime, do the time.
: >
:
: When an inmate gets released on appeal, can his attorneys help him sue the
: government for damages due to wrongful imprisonment? If so
:
: 1. Commit crime that has prison sentence.
: 2. Get arrested.
: 3. ...
: 4. Profit.

Don't get me started. Here in Massachusetts we have a savage murderer doing
life in prison. He's decided that he's unhappy with his sex and would feel
better about spending the rest of his life in the joint if he were a woman.
His lawyer has managed to get a Federal judge to order the state to pay for an
absurdly expensive sex-change operation. The state has appealed the order and
should obviously take it to the Supreme Court if the appeals court backs the
judge. But many here suspect that the mealy-mouthed, wishy-washy Commonwealth
of Massachusetts will eventually cave and let the perp get carved up at public
expense, as he desires.

Bob

Charles E. Hardwidge 03-31-2013 02:19 PM

Re: Tale of the Laser - redux

"Robert Coe" <bob@1776.COM> wrote in message

> Don't get me started. Here in Massachusetts we have a savage murderer
> doing life in prison. He's decided that he's unhappy with his sex and
> would feel better about spending the rest of his life in the joint if he
> were a woman. His lawyer has managed to get a Federal judge to order the
> state to pay for an absurdly expensive sex-change operation. The state has
> appealed the order and should obviously take it to the Supreme Court if
> the appeals court backs the judge. But many here suspect that the
> mealy-mouthed, wishy-washy Commonwealth of Massachusetts will eventually
> cave and let the perp get carved up at public expense, as he desires.

Spoken like a true bigot who doesn't understand the first thing about human
rights law and the challenges facing transgender people. Please, educate
your knee-jerk mouth before you go shooting it off.

Some reading for you:

http://www.hrw.org/news/2011/06/17/h...united-nations

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transge...of_Remembrance

http://www.aidsalliance.org/NewsDetails.aspx?Id=291508
http://www.aidsalliance.org/includes...-%20Ver1.1.pdf

--
Charles E. Hardwidge

James Silverton 03-31-2013 03:52 PM

Re: Tale of the Laser - redux

On 3/31/2013 10:19 AM, Charles E. Hardwidge wrote:
> "Robert Coe" <bob@1776.COM> wrote in message
>
>> Don't get me started. Here in Massachusetts we have a savage murderer
>> doing life in prison. He's decided that he's unhappy with his sex and
>> would feel better about spending the rest of his life in the joint if he
>> were a woman. His lawyer has managed to get a Federal judge to order the
>> state to pay for an absurdly expensive sex-change operation. The state
>> has
>> appealed the order and should obviously take it to the Supreme Court if
>> the appeals court backs the judge. But many here suspect that the
>> mealy-mouthed, wishy-washy Commonwealth of Massachusetts will eventually
>> cave and let the perp get carved up at public expense, as he desires.

> Spoken like a true bigot who doesn't understand the first thing about human
> rights law and the challenges facing transgender people. Please, educate
> your knee-jerk mouth before you go shooting it off.
>
> Some reading for you:
>
> http://www.hrw.org/news/2011/06/17/h...united-nations
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transge...of_Remembrance
>
> http://www.aidsalliance.org/NewsDetails.aspx?Id=291508
> http://www.aidsalliance.org/includes...-%20Ver1.1.pdf

Yes, a believer in the notion that miscarriages of justice never occur,
the law a perfect instrument and all who are charged with crimes are guilty.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

nick c 03-31-2013 10:32 PM

Re: Tale of the Laser - redux

Charles E. Hardwidge wrote:
> "Robert Coe" <bob@1776.COM> wrote in message
>
>> Don't get me started. Here in Massachusetts we have a savage murderer
>> doing life in prison. He's decided that he's unhappy with his sex and
>> would feel better about spending the rest of his life in the joint if he
>> were a woman. His lawyer has managed to get a Federal judge to order the
>> state to pay for an absurdly expensive sex-change operation. The state
>> has
>> appealed the order and should obviously take it to the Supreme Court if
>> the appeals court backs the judge. But many here suspect that the
>> mealy-mouthed, wishy-washy Commonwealth of Massachusetts will eventually
>> cave and let the perp get carved up at public expense, as he desires.

> Spoken like a true bigot who doesn't understand the first thing about human
> rights law and the challenges facing transgender people. Please, educate
> your knee-jerk mouth before you go shooting it off.

Bigot!! Coe!! Not as far as I'm concerned. You post an opinion of a new
mind-set which is nonsense personified. An opinion that can be viewed as
an example that human-beings ofttimes display a trail-horse mentality.

Charles E. Hardwidge 04-01-2013 01:35 AM

Re: Tale of the Laser - redux

"nick c" <nchen711@ontheverizon.net> wrote in message
> Charles E. Hardwidge wrote:
>> "Robert Coe" <bob@1776.COM> wrote in message
>>
>>> Don't get me started. Here in Massachusetts we have a savage murderer
>>> doing life in prison. He's decided that he's unhappy with his sex and
>>> would feel better about spending the rest of his life in the joint if he
>>> were a woman. His lawyer has managed to get a Federal judge to order the
>>> state to pay for an absurdly expensive sex-change operation. The state
>>> has appealed the order and should obviously take it to the Supreme Court
>>> if the appeals court backs the judge. But many here suspect that the
>>> mealy-mouthed, wishy-washy Commonwealth of Massachusetts will eventually
>>> cave and let the perp get carved up at public expense, as he desires.

>> Spoken like a true bigot who doesn't understand the first thing about
>> human rights law and the challenges facing transgender people. Please,
>> educate your knee-jerk mouth before you go shooting it off.

> Bigot!! Coe!! Not as far as I'm concerned. You post an opinion of a new
> mind-set which is nonsense personified. An opinion that can be viewed as
> an example that human-beings ofttimes display a trail-horse mentality.

Transgender people have been around since whenever and not even the British
Empire could stamp them out in India. Transgenderism is a recognised medical
condition and includes but is not limited to a range of intersex conditions.
According to the latest research transgender people may also suffer from
transphobia or misunderstanding the condition by cisgender people which may
cause stress and depression greater than what ethnic and other minorities
face and, in the cited case at least, may have been a mitigating factor to
the crime. In large parts of the world including Africa and most of the
Middle-East their punishment for the crime of existing is the death penalty.

Not only does Coe show a cavalier disregard for someone's human rights and
no knowledge of their condition but is also discourteous to a person who is
medically and legally a woman by going out of his way to misgender her. She
also has a name which I note Coe is not using in what is an obvious attempt
to judge and objectify another human being. Her name is Michelle Kosilek for
anyone not paying attention. Thank you.

--
Charles E. Hardwidge

nick c 04-01-2013 04:33 AM

Re: Tale of the Laser - redux

On 3/31/2013 6:35 PM, Charles E. Hardwidge wrote:

> "nick c" <nchen711@ontheverizon.net> wrote in message
>> Charles E. Hardwidge wrote:
>>> "Robert Coe" <bob@1776.COM> wrote in message

>>> Spoken like a true bigot who doesn't understand the first thing about
>>> human rights law and the challenges facing transgender people. Please,
>>> educate your knee-jerk mouth before you go shooting it off.

>> Bigot!! Coe!! Not as far as I'm concerned. You post an opinion of a new
>> mind-set which is nonsense personified. An opinion that can be viewed as
>> an example that human-beings ofttimes display a trail-horse mentality.

> Transgender people have been around since whenever and not even the British
> Empire could stamp them out in India. Transgenderism is a recognised
> medical
> condition and includes but is not limited to a range of intersex
> conditions.
> According to the latest research transgender people may also suffer from
> transphobia or misunderstanding the condition by cisgender people which may
> cause stress and depression greater than what ethnic and other minorities
> face and, in the cited case at least, may have been a mitigating factor to
> the crime. In large parts of the world including Africa and most of the
> Middle-East their punishment for the crime of existing is the death
> penalty.
>
> Not only does Coe show a cavalier disregard for someone's human rights and
> no knowledge of their condition but is also discourteous to a person who is
> medically and legally a woman by going out of his way to misgender her. She
> also has a name which I note Coe is not using in what is an obvious attempt
> to judge and objectify another human being. Her name is Michelle Kosilek
> for
> anyone not paying attention. Thank you.

....... and should anyone openly disagree with your definition of a human
right you would immediately correct the situation through vilification.
Wise up, it doesn't work.

Charles E. Hardwidge 04-01-2013 04:47 AM

Re: Tale of the Laser - redux

> ...... and should anyone openly disagree with your definition of a human
> right you would immediately correct the situation through vilification.
> Wise up, it doesn't work.

Sorry but I ain't feeding an obvious troll...

cya.

--
Charles E. Hardwidge

nick c 04-01-2013 05:38 AM

Re: Tale of the Laser - redux

On 3/31/2013 9:47 PM, Charles E. Hardwidge wrote:

> "nick c" <nchen711@ontheverizon.net> wrote in message
>
>> ...... and should anyone openly disagree with your definition of a
>> human right you would immediately correct the situation through
>> vilification. Wise up, it doesn't work.

> Sorry but I ain't feeding an obvious troll...
>
> cya.

You can run but you can't hide.