Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Free web hosting options? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t958749-re-free-web-hosting-options.html)

Usenet Account 03-17-2013 07:24 PM

Re: Free web hosting options?

On 17/03/2013 2:55 PM, Photography by James wrote:
> I am using NET16 to host a photography gallery and I'm very frustrated!
>
> Their domain is blocked by Facebook, many proxies, and plenty of ISPs.
> They also hold my changes, sometimes for more than 24 hours, "pending
> review" as if a few lines of javascript and images I have created MYSELF
> will somehow be illegal or offensive.
>
> Does anyone have recent positive experience with free web hosting sites?
> Or, am I going to have to bite the bullet and spend for domain
> registration and hosting?
>
> --James
> (near literal starving artist)

Smugmug, Flikr, 500px are all pretty popular. Try using a Tinyurl and
see if that works with Facebook.

--
This space intentionally left blank.

Tony Cooper 03-17-2013 07:49 PM

Re: Free web hosting options?

On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 15:24:20 -0400, Usenet Account
<nospam@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>On 17/03/2013 2:55 PM, Photography by James wrote:
>> I am using NET16 to host a photography gallery and I'm very frustrated!
>>
>> Their domain is blocked by Facebook, many proxies, and plenty of ISPs.
>> They also hold my changes, sometimes for more than 24 hours, "pending
>> review" as if a few lines of javascript and images I have created MYSELF
>> will somehow be illegal or offensive.
>>
>> Does anyone have recent positive experience with free web hosting sites?
>> Or, am I going to have to bite the bullet and spend for domain
>> registration and hosting?
>>
>> --James
>> (near literal starving artist)
>>

>Smugmug,

SmugMug is not free. I have a SmugMug site, and I pay for it.

>Flikr, 500px are all pretty popular. Try using a Tinyurl and
>see if that works with Facebook.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL