Velocity Reviews

-   -   odd results on @suppresswarning("unchecked") (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t958624-odd-results-on-suppresswarning-unchecked.html)

Aryeh M. Friedman 03-13-2013 03:31 AM

odd results on @suppresswarning("unchecked")

I decided to switch from 1.6 to 1.7 for developing one of our major projects and am now getting warnings that I did not in 1.6. Seems the primary suspect is @SupressWarnings("uncheck") is not being honored. For example the following snippet compiles with no warning under 1.6 but with a warning on 1.7:

@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
private Queue<CharacterToken> prep(String s)
{
return CollectionUtil.toQueue(new UnicodeLexer(
LexerUtil.lexerPrep(s),loc).getTokens());
}

Here are are the signatures of the called methods:

LexerUtil:
public static Queue<Character> lexerPrep(String s)

UnicodeLexer:
public UnicodeLexer(Queue<Character> in,String compilationUnit)
public List<CharacterToken> getTokens()

CollectionUtil:
@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
public static Queue toQueue(List list)

and the derivation for CharacterToken:

public class CharacterToken extends Token<Character>
public abstract class Token<T>

Why does it not work in 1.7 but does in 1.6 (yes I know the warning is generated by CollectionUtil.toQueue)?

Stefan Ram 03-13-2013 04:58 AM

Re: odd results on @suppresswarning("unchecked")

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...hecked-mystery
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-member-access