Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: DSLR Bag (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t958327-re-dslr-bag.html)

Tony Cooper 03-04-2013 02:09 AM

Re: DSLR Bag

On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 16:47:27 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2013-03-03 13:54:30 -0800, "Jake" <jake@jakesplaice.com> said:
>
>> Any recommendations for a camera bag that will hold a Nikon D5100 and
>> attached 70-200 lens without having to disassemble the setup?

>I have a collection of bags and backpacks.

You think there's anyone that has even a semi-serious interest in
photography with a dslr (35mm fill) camera that has only *one* bag,
and that bag's the first one they ever had?

We are like women and shoes.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando FL

Rob 03-04-2013 03:42 AM

Re: DSLR Bag

On 4/03/2013 1:09 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 16:47:27 -0800, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2013-03-03 13:54:30 -0800, "Jake" <jake@jakesplaice.com> said:
>>
>>> Any recommendations for a camera bag that will hold a Nikon D5100 and
>>> attached 70-200 lens without having to disassemble the setup?

>> I have a collection of bags and backpacks.

> You think there's anyone that has even a semi-serious interest in
> photography with a dslr (35mm fill) camera that has only *one* bag,
> and that bag's the first one they ever had?
>
> We are like women and shoes.

Now settled on one for my DSLR, which I travel with, this fits my
camera body and a couple of lenses. plus some personal items.
(paperwork, headphones, glasses, mini pod, GPS) fits under the seat of
aircraft. Its not perfect but the alternatives are no better. (Lowepro)

I also use a bum bag on walks or beach, smaller less weight plus it does
not restrict mobility.

The bigger the bag the more equipment you tend to load up. Big bags are
heavier in themselves to carry.

There is never a perfect bag for all possibilities.

PeterN 03-06-2013 01:39 AM

Re: DSLR Bag

On 3/3/2013 9:09 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Mar 2013 16:47:27 -0800, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2013-03-03 13:54:30 -0800, "Jake" <jake@jakesplaice.com> said:
>>
>>> Any recommendations for a camera bag that will hold a Nikon D5100 and
>>> attached 70-200 lens without having to disassemble the setup?

>> I have a collection of bags and backpacks.

> You think there's anyone that has even a semi-serious interest in
> photography with a dslr (35mm fill) camera that has only *one* bag,
> and that bag's the first one they ever had?
>
> We are like women and shoes.

Not long ago I wanted a new bag, but my wife said I had too many. On a
trip with her I took on old ratty looking one. She quickly informed me
that she would not be seen with me if I didn't get new bag, and she
went wiith me to help pick it out. :-)

--
PeterN