Velocity Reviews

-   -   how to access object of one class in another class (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t957821-how-to-access-object-of-one-class-in-another-class.html)

xodepp shrestha 02-20-2013 08:04 AM

how to access object of one class in another class

i am having problem in JDBC.there are two different class within same package name.one class is dbconnect and another is login. I need to call the dbconnect class within login class and i need to call the connection object from the dbconnect class in the login class.
Please help me

Arved Sandstrom 02-20-2013 09:27 AM

Re: how to access object of one class in another class

On 02/20/2013 04:04 AM, xodepp shrestha wrote:
> i am having problem in JDBC.there are two different class within same package name.one class is dbconnect and another is login. I need to call the dbconnect class within login class and i need to call the connection object from the dbconnect class in the login class.
> Please help me

Start here: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/

Part of what you need is specifically
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/index.html, and even more
specifically http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutori...aOO/index.html.

A newsgroup works best for targeted questions. If you don't know barely
anything about a subject you need to read books and tutorials.

AHS

Lew 02-20-2013 04:09 PM

xodepp shrestha wrote:
> i [sic] am having problem in JDBC.there are two different class[es] within same package name.one class is dbconnect and another is login. I need to call the dbconnect class within login class and i [sic] need to call the connection object from the dbconnect class in the login class.

You don't call classes in Java, you call methods.

You don't call objects in Java, you call methods.

What methods did you need to call?

I'm betting you spelled those class names wrong. If you created those classes,
then you failed to follow the Java naming conventions.

Spelling is crucial in Java, and the conventions are important.

Please provide an SSCCE.
http://sscce.org/

Arved's right. You need to start from the beginning. There's a lot of
material available for free, just an online search away.

--
Lew

Gene Wirchenko 02-21-2013 05:45 PM

Re: how to access object of one class in another class

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 05:27:19 -0400, Arved Sandstrom
<asandstrom2@eastlink.ca> wrote:

>On 02/20/2013 04:04 AM, xodepp shrestha wrote:
>> i am having problem in JDBC.there are two different class within same package name.one class is dbconnect and another is login. I need to call the dbconnect class within login class and i need to call the connection object from the dbconnect class in the login class.
>> Please help me
>>

>Start here: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/
>
>Part of what you need is specifically
>http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/index.html, and even more
>specifically http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutori...aOO/index.html.
>
>A newsgroup works best for targeted questions. If you don't know barely
>anything about a subject you need to read books and tutorials.

And a newsgroup is great for finding out about the good books and
tutorials.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko