Velocity Reviews

-   -   Where is JDK 1.7_15 going on Mac (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t957799-where-is-jdk-1-7_15-going-on-mac.html)

Jan Burse 02-19-2013 09:04 PM

Where is JDK 1.7_15 going on Mac

Dear All,

The auto installer said it just installed
JDK 1.7_15 on my machnine. But where is it
going, where do I find the .jars etc?

Bye

Lew 02-19-2013 09:19 PM

Re: Where is JDK 1.7_15 going on Mac

Jan Burse wrote:
> The auto installer said it just installed
> JDK 1.7_15 on my machnine. But where is it
> going, where do I find the .jars etc?

S ls -l $(which java)
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 74 Dec 12 11:01 /usr/bin/java@ -> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java
$ ls -l /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/

Lew
Build a man a fire and you warm him for an hour.
Set a man on fire and you warm him for the rest of his life.

markspace 02-19-2013 09:42 PM

On 2/19/2013 1:04 PM, Jan Burse wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> The auto installer said it just installed
> JDK 1.7_15 on my machnine. But where is it
> going, where do I find the .jars etc?

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Brenden>where java
C:\Windows\System32\java.exe
c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_24\bin\java.exe

Hmm, not sure why that's Java 6, I might have to check my path. But you
get the idea.

Lew 02-19-2013 10:27 PM

markspace wrote:
> Jan Burse wrote:
>> The auto installer said it just installed
>> JDK 1.7_15 on my machnine. But where is it
>> going, where do I find the .jars etc?

> Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
> Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

For when your Mac is running Windows.

Not your fault, really, as the OP neglected to repeat the information in the body of their post.

> C:\Users\Brenden>where java
> C:\Windows\System32\java.exe
> c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_24\bin\java.exe
>
> Hmm, not sure why that's Java 6, I might have to check my path. But you
> get the idea.

Java 6u41 is the current Java 6. Yours is woefully behind, and missing patches for several
infamous security issues.

--
Lew

Jan Burse 02-20-2013 08:01 AM

Jan Burse schrieb:
> Dear All,
>
> The auto installer said it just installed
> JDK 1.7_15 on my machnine. But where is it
> going, where do I find the .jars etc?
>
> Bye

I helped myself by installing JDK 1.7.0_15 fresh.

Simply jdk-7u15-macosx-x64.dmg from here:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ads/index.html

I could then clearly see the path:
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_15.jdk/Contents/Home

The above path was not there after the auto updater.

I could also see the version on the command line:
$ java -version
java version "1.7.0_15"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

The above info was not shown after the auto updater.

Bye

Jan Burse 02-20-2013 08:05 AM

Lew schrieb:
> Not your fault, really, as the OP neglected to
> repeat the information in the body of their post.

Corr.:
Not your fault, really, as Jan neglected to
repeat the information in the body of his post.

OP my ass.

Jan Burse 02-20-2013 08:46 AM

lipska the kat schrieb:
> On 20/02/13 08:05, Jan Burse wrote:
>> Lew schrieb:
>>> Not your fault, really, as the OP neglected to
>>> repeat the information in the body of their post.

>> Corr.:
>> Not your fault, really, as Jan neglected to
>> repeat the information in the body of his post.
>>
>> OP my ass.

> OP stands for 'Original Poster'

Yes I know. Habits from stackoverflow etc.
meta-forum adapted to non-meta forum. I
don't approve these bad habits.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upl...mpy-cat-04.jpg

Lew 02-20-2013 04:05 PM

Jan Burse wrote:
> lipska the kat schrieb:
>> Jan Burse wrote:

>>> Corr. [sic]:
>>> Not your fault, really, as Jan neglected to
>>> repeat the information in the body of his post.
>>>
>>> OP my ass.

Jeez, dude, take a chill pill.

>> OP stands for 'Original Poster'

> Yes I know. Habits from stackoverflow etc.
> meta-forum adapted to non-meta forum. I
> don't approve these bad habits.

What "bad habits"? "OP" has been around as an abbreviation on Usenet
since forever.

> http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upl...mpy-cat-04.jpg

As the OP, you get to have your on-topic points addressed. If you don't
like "OP" as an abbreviation, go somewhere where it's not common.

--
Lew

Jan Burse 02-20-2013 04:48 PM

Lew schrieb:
> As the OP, you get to have your on-topic points addressed. If you don't
> like "OP" as an abbreviation, go somewhere where it's not common.

Hey NOP, don't call me OP.

Daniel Pitts 02-20-2013 06:05 PM

On 2/20/13 8:48 AM, Jan Burse wrote:
> Lew schrieb:
>> As the OP, you get to have your on-topic points addressed. If you don't
>> like "OP" as an abbreviation, go somewhere where it's not common.

> Hey NOP, don't call me OP.

Wow, the term OP is useful and has been around on Usenet since before
the WWW was mainstream. It's not a pejorative.