Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: New User-Need-Help (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t957676-re-new-user-need-help.html)

Terry Reedy 02-15-2013 11:52 PM

Re: New User-Need-Help

On 2/15/2013 4:45 PM, Deborah Piotrowski wrote:

> I am very new to Python, I am using the e-book "Python Programming for
> the Absolute Beginner" and am starting with a simple "Game Over"
> Program. This is the code:which is extremely simple!\
> print"Game Over" raw_input("\n\nPress Enter Key to exit")

That code is two statements. It should either have a semicolon

print"Game Over"; raw_input("\n\nPress Enter Key to exit")

or be entered on two lines

print"Game Over"
raw_input("\n\nPress Enter Key to exit")

> That's it. It is supposed to bring up a window that says "Game Over"

I don't know what system you are running on, but print just prints to
the window you are running in and does not bring up a new window.

--
Terry Jan Reedy