Velocity Reviews

-   -   Digital signature (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t957663-digital-signature.html)

marty 02-15-2013 09:59 PM

Digital signature

Hello,

I need to add a digital signature to a PDF file programmatically. My application uses libHaru to generate the PDF file, but this library does not appear to manage the digital signature.

Which library can I use to do this ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Öö Tiib 02-16-2013 04:03 AM

Re: Digital signature

On Friday, 15 February 2013 23:59:40 UTC+2, marty wrote:
> I need to add a digital signature to a PDF file programmatically.

PDF is proprietary format belonging to Adobe. It is not related to C++.

> My application uses libHaru to generate the PDF file,

That is perhaps the only open source C++ library for generating
PDF files. You should discuss its functionality with its developers.

> but this library does not appear to manage the digital signature.
> Which library can I use to do this ?

Digital signatures that Adobe accepts as valid have to be bought
from someone who Adobe accepts as valid security provider. No
library can technically provide those on its own.

> Any advice would be appreciated.

I trust that Adobe has some sort of web site up somewhere in
internet. It contains information. You should always ask from
related people and avoid asking information from random
unrelated sites and forums.