Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: [SI] Steeples -The 'Duck Comments (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t957556-re-si-steeples-the-duck-comments.html)

skp 02-12-2013 03:22 PM

Re: [SI] Steeples -The 'Duck Comments

> KPetre:
>
> Steeples-01:
>
> This great building shot in this light is disappointing.Here is where
>
> some work in post processing or even HDR would have produced what I
>
> believe would have been a great image.

Thanks.
You must have realized by now I am not an expert on post processing and also not a great fan (Though I must admit sometimes it really helps the image).
What you see is more or less what I saw at the camera on a not too bad Glasgow day (meaning at least it was dry).

> Steeples-02:
>
> Here the contrasty light resulting in this silhouette has produced a
>
> very interesting and evocative image. Nicely done.

Thanks, this is one of my favourites.
Here is the crane, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnieston_Crane

> Steeples-03:
>
> This is a great steeple/spire, but another one where I would have
>
> preferred to be able to discern more detail by lifting the shadows
>
> hiding that detail.

Agreed.
The building is University of Glasgow (founded nearly 50 years before Christopher Columbus sailed to America).

Thanks for your comments, always looking forward to reading them.

Regards
K Petre