Velocity Reviews

-   -   Opening a Asp.net web application... (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t95755-opening-a-asp-net-web-application.html)

srik 02-01-2005 01:06 AM

Opening a Asp.net web application...

Dear All,

I created a simple ASP.net web application on my desktop system, which
has Windows XP as the Operating system.

I then moved the ASP.net application to my server which has Windows
Server 2003 as the Operating system.

Now when I try to open the same application it gives and error

"Visual Studio.net cannot create or open the application. The likewise
problem is that requiered components are not installed on the local web
server. Run Viusal Studio .net set up and add Web Developemnt
components".

I have reinstalled the IIS and then the .net frame work and also the
Visual studio.net 2003 twice still no luck.
Any assistance will be appreciate.

--Srik

DalePres 02-01-2005 01:42 AM

Re: Opening a Asp.net web application...

Make sure that the folder is set as an IIS Application and then try opening
the folder C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322> and running
ASPNET_REGIIS /i

DalePres

news:1107219982.986712.84460@f14g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...

srik 02-01-2005 05:32 PM

Re: Opening a Asp.net web application...

Thanks for your repsonse.

But doing this did not help.

Do you have any other suggestions?

--Srikanth