Velocity Reviews

-   -   Alternative to Apache+mod_fcgid+Flup? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t957511-alternative-to-apache-mod_fcgid-flup.html)

Gilles 02-11-2013 02:11 PM

Alternative to Apache+mod_fcgid+Flup?

Hello

I read this article...

"Why is WSGI deployment under FASTCGI so painful?"
http://blog.dscpl.com.au/2011/09/why...astcgi-so.html

.... and was wondering what better alternative is available to run
Python web scripts?

Someone recommends nginx + uWSGI.What do you think?

Thank you.

Chris Rebert 02-11-2013 02:27 PM

Re: Alternative to Apache+mod_fcgid+Flup?

On Feb 11, 2013 6:16 AM, "Gilles" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I read this article...
>
> "Why is WSGI deployment under FASTCGI so painful?"

http://blog.dscpl.com.au/2011/09/why...astcgi-so.html

> ... and was wondering what better alternative is available to run
> Python web scripts?

If you want to stick with Apache, mod_wsgi is the obvious alternative.

> Someone recommends nginx + uWSGI.What do you think?

We use that combination at my workplace, and it works well.