Velocity Reviews

-   -   matplotlib: Help! I need to plot colored regions based on a set of boundaries (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t957483-matplotlib-help-i-need-to-plot-colored-regions-based-on-a-set-of-boundaries.html)

John Crockett 02-10-2013 09:23 PM

matplotlib: Help! I need to plot colored regions based on a set of boundaries

I am attempting to plot the relative sky positions of several Astronomy images I'm studying. I want a set of axes that represent a 2-d projection of the sky (don't want to use polar projection), so my x-axis would be from 0 to 360 (right ascension) and the y-axis from about -35 to 90 (declination).I have the RA and Dec of the edges of each of my images and I want to plot the "image" as a colored rectangle, to-scale on my axes.

How do I give matplotlib instructions to color-in a region of my plot basedon the edges of that region?

Thank you for any help you can provide.