Velocity Reviews

-   -   Any idea how i can format my output file with********************Start file*********************** usinf Python 2.7 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t957453-any-idea-how-i-can-format-my-output-file-with-start-file-usinf-python-2-7-a.html)

Morten Engvoldsen 02-09-2013 02:27 PM

Any idea how i can format my output file with********************Start file*********************** usinf Python 2.7

Hi Team,
I Have saved my output in .doc file and want to format the output with

*************Start the File ************************

Some data here

*******************End of File*****************************

Can you let me know how can i do that using Python?

rusi 02-09-2013 04:21 PM

Re: Any idea how i can format my output file with ********************Startfile********************* ** usinf Python 2.7

On Feb 9, 7:27*pm, Morten Engvoldsen <mortene...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Team,
> I Have saved my output in .doc file and want to format the output with
>
> *************Start the File ************************
>
> Some data here
>
> *******************End of File*****************************
>
> Can you let me know how can i do that using Python?

If it were not for the doc file type, its a couple of lines of code to
do what you are asking.

With doc files however its a bit of a headache.
MSOffice doesn't script with python (as far as I know).
Best to use whatever it allows -- VBA I guess
Libreoffice allows a number of different scripting options including
python -- all poorly documented and obsolete.
eg http://www.openoffice.org/udk/python...tingframework/

Terry Reedy 02-09-2013 07:56 PM

On 2/9/2013 11:21 AM, rusi wrote:
> On Feb 9, 7:27 pm, Morten Engvoldsen <mortene...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Team,
>> I Have saved my output in .doc file and want to format the output with
>>
>> *************Start the File ************************
>>
>> Some data here
>>
>> *******************End of File*****************************
>>
>> Can you let me know how can i do that using Python?

> If it were not for the doc file type, its a couple of lines of code to
> do what you are asking.
>
> With doc files however its a bit of a headache.
> MSOffice doesn't script with python (as far as I know).

It can be with the pythonwin extensions.

> Best to use whatever it allows -- VBA I guess
> Libreoffice allows a number of different scripting options including
> python -- all poorly documented and obsolete.
> eg http://www.openoffice.org/udk/python...tingframework/

LibreOffice 4.0.0, released 2 days ago, upgrades the bundled Python from
2.6 (itself an upgrade) to 3.3!
https://www.libreoffice.org/download...res-and-fixes/

One new addition, also from the above
'''
"LibreLogo" vector graphics language: Logo toolbar and interpreter

Logoposter en.jpg Turtlegraphics.png Logochessboard.png

The lightweight implementation (1400 lines in Python-PyUNO) uses the
embedded Python to give a simplified programming interface to the
excellent vector graphics of LibreOffice for graphic design and
education (including teaching of word processing). ...
'''
I am hoping the PyUNO doc will see improvement.

--
Terry Jan Reedy