Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: I'm sure I saw it :-) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t957392-re-im-sure-i-saw-it.html)

John Turco 02-08-2013 01:01 AM

Re: I'm sure I saw it :-)

On 2/4/2013 3:20 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
> Even though I live in one of the most Rugby-mad nations on earth I
> occasionally get to see the highlights of North American football on
> TV.
>
> Tonight I saw the conclusion of the game between the Baltimore Raiders
> and the San Francisco 49ers. Right at the end there was a shot of the
> coach and the team and all kinds of associated people gathered in a
> circle out in the field, hooping and hollering and smacking each other
> on the back, and laughing and crying as is appropriate for a team
> which has just won.
>
> Closing in around them was ring of photographers raising their (DSLR)
> cameras into shooting position. Just as the last of the news clip
> closed off I swear I saw the word 'NIKON' on the front of the lens of
> one of the cameras. Boy, I bet that guy was ****ed off!

The Baltimore Ravens defeated the San Francisco 49ers, 34-31, in Super
Bowl XLVII (February 3, 2013; New Orleans, Louisiana, USA).

In Super Bowl XXXVII (January 26, 2003; San Diego, California, USA), the
Tampa Bay Buccaneers blasted the Oakland Raiders, 48-21.

John

Robert Coe 02-08-2013 03:43 PM

Re: I'm sure I saw it :-)

On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 19:01:43 -0600, John Turco <jtur@concentric.net> wrote:
: On 2/4/2013 3:20 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
: > Even though I live in one of the most Rugby-mad nations on earth I
: > occasionally get to see the highlights of North American football on
: > TV.
: >
: > Tonight I saw the conclusion of the game between the Baltimore Raiders
: > and the San Francisco 49ers. Right at the end there was a shot of the
: > coach and the team and all kinds of associated people gathered in a
: > circle out in the field, hooping and hollering and smacking each other
: > on the back, and laughing and crying as is appropriate for a team
: > which has just won.
: >
: > Closing in around them was ring of photographers raising their (DSLR)
: > cameras into shooting position. Just as the last of the news clip
: > closed off I swear I saw the word 'NIKON' on the front of the lens of
: > one of the cameras. Boy, I bet that guy was ****ed off!
:
:
: The Baltimore Ravens defeated the San Francisco 49ers, 34-31, in Super
: Bowl XLVII (February 3, 2013; New Orleans, Louisiana, USA).
:
: In Super Bowl XXXVII (January 26, 2003; San Diego, California, USA), the
: Tampa Bay Buccaneers blasted the Oakland Raiders, 48-21.

Eric's mistake was an understandable one, since the Raiders have been even
more itinerant than the Ravens. You may recall that they started out in
Oakland, moved to Los Angeles for a while, then moved back to Oakland. The
Ravens (the earlier incarnation of the Cleveland Browns) have moved only once
in recent history.

Bob

John Turco 02-10-2013 04:06 AM

Re: I'm sure I saw it :-)

On 2/8/2013 9:43 AM, Robert Coe wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 19:01:43 -0600, John Turco <jtur@concentric.net> wrote:
> : On 2/4/2013 3:20 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
> : > Even though I live in one of the most Rugby-mad nations on earth I
> : > occasionally get to see the highlights of North American football on
> : > TV.
> : >
> : > Tonight I saw the conclusion of the game between the Baltimore Raiders
> : > and the San Francisco 49ers. Right at the end there was a shot of the
> : > coach and the team and all kinds of associated people gathered in a
> : > circle out in the field, hooping and hollering and smacking each other
> : > on the back, and laughing and crying as is appropriate for a team
> : > which has just won.
> : >
> : > Closing in around them was ring of photographers raising their (DSLR)
> : > cameras into shooting position. Just as the last of the news clip
> : > closed off I swear I saw the word 'NIKON' on the front of the lens of
> : > one of the cameras. Boy, I bet that guy was ****ed off!
> :
> :
> : The Baltimore Ravens defeated the San Francisco 49ers, 34-31, in Super
> : Bowl XLVII (February 3, 2013; New Orleans, Louisiana, USA).
> :
> : In Super Bowl XXXVII (January 26, 2003; San Diego, California, USA), the
> : Tampa Bay Buccaneers blasted the Oakland Raiders, 48-21.
>
> Eric's mistake was an understandable one, since the Raiders have been even
> more itinerant than the Ravens. You may recall that they started out in
> Oakland, moved to Los Angeles for a while, then moved back to Oakland. The
> Ravens (the earlier incarnation of the Cleveland Browns) have moved only once
> in recent history.
>
> Bob

Actually, his error is even more fathomable, considering that he's a New
Zealander.

John