Velocity Reviews

-   -   Redirecting help (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t957348-redirecting-help.html)

Joseph Minton 02-06-2013 07:50 PM

Redirecting help

My employer uses Reportal, which will basically create a web version
of a Crystal report. Unfortunately, a user can not refer to a sub-
report from within a sub-report. However, from within the sub-report,
I can pass pass off the folllowing URL with parameters to in theory
fire off another Crystal Report in Reportal.

For example, "http://10.2.6.74/reports/NameDetails.aspx?
P1="&{PERSONS.NAME}

Unfortunately with Reportal, there is a requirement after aspx? to
place the report number within reportal. Thus, the above example
won't work since I can't call id=102 in this case

For example, "http://10.2.6.74/reports/NameDetails.aspx?
id=102&P1="&{PERSONS.NAME}

So, I'm wondering if I can set a target redirect ASP up that will pass
on the parameters and then redirect the page and have it add id=102 to
the correct location in the above example.

BTW, in just a regular ASP page, I could use this to pass the id=102.
I just can't figure out how to redirect it.

<form action="NameDetails.aspx?" method="GET" name="parmform">
<input type = "hidden" value = "102" name = "id">

Evertjan. 02-07-2013 12:57 PM

Re: Redirecting help

Joseph Minton wrote on 06 feb 2013 in

> My employer uses Reportal, which will basically create a web version
> of a Crystal report. Unfortunately, a user can not refer to a sub-
> report from within a sub-report. However, from within the sub-report,
> I can pass pass off the folllowing URL with parameters to in theory
> fire off another Crystal Report in Reportal.
>
> For example, "http://10.2.6.74/reports/NameDetails.aspx?
> P1="&{PERSONS.NAME}
>
> Unfortunately with Reportal, there is a requirement after aspx? to
> place the report number within reportal. Thus, the above example
> won't work since I can't call id=102 in this case
>
> For example, "http://10.2.6.74/reports/NameDetails.aspx?
> id=102&P1="&{PERSONS.NAME}
>
> So, I'm wondering if I can set a target redirect ASP up that will pass
> on the parameters and then redirect the page and have it add id=102 to
> the correct location in the above example.
>
> BTW, in just a regular ASP page, I could use this to pass the id=102.
> I just can't figure out how to redirect it.
>
> <form action="NameDetails.aspx?" method="GET" name="parmform">

The "?" is not needed here.

> <input type = "hidden" value = "102" name = "id">

This is a clientside redirection,
effectively the same as:

====================================

ASP serverside redirection can only be immediate,
before any content-streaming has been done to the client.

<% 'vbs
response.redirect "NameDetails.aspx?id=102"
%>

or

<% 'js
Response.redirect('NameDetails.aspx?id=102');
%>

It seems you have a bad spell of aspx-itis,
purposely inflicted on you by MS,
having you believing that there is no difference
between serverside and clientside.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.