Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to improve writing code in python? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t957322-how-to-improve-writing-code-in-python.html)

Banh 02-05-2013 11:52 PM

How to improve writing code in python?

Hi,
I have a problem with learning Python. My code is really bad and I can't solve many problems. I really want to improve it. Do you know any website which helps me to learn python effectively (for beginners)? This is my first programming language and I am studying about manipulating the images using Python. If you also know any websites relating to manipulate the images, canyou guys tell me? Thank you!

Piet van Oostrum 02-06-2013 02:23 PM

Re: How to improve writing code in python?

Banh <banh0703@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I have a problem with learning Python. My code is really bad and I can't solve many problems. I really want to improve it. Do you know any website which helps me to learn python effectively (for beginners)? This is my first programming language and I am studying about manipulating the images using Python. If you also know any websites relating to manipulate the images, can you guys tell me? Thank you!

For learning programming you could do the Udacity course Introduction to Computer Science:
https://www.udacity.com/course/cs101
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet@vanoostrum.org>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/

rusi 02-06-2013 04:22 PM

On Feb 6, 4:52*am, Banh <banh0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem with learning Python. My code is really bad and I can't solve many problems. I
> really want to improve it. Do you know any website which helps me to learn python effectively (for
> beginners)? This is my first programming language and I am studying aboutmanipulating the images
> using Python. If you also know any websites relating to manipulate the images, can you guys tell
> me? Thank you!

One general recommendation I make to beginners is to learn to play
around in the interpreter more rather than trying and struggling to
write correct code. ie learn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bjKDJD-CLc
before
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L0Rncqx1yQ

For playing with images, Ive heard that IPython is very neat
[Not tried much myself]