Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cheat Engine In Python (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t957178-cheat-engine-in-python.html)

wheelman.fm@gmail.com 02-01-2013 04:16 AM

Cheat Engine In Python

Are there any softwares like cheat engine and written in python , I mean just the code not compiled ?

Thanks .

wheelman.fm@gmail.com 02-01-2013 07:21 AM

Cheat Engine In Python

Why there isn't any replys ? .

Chris Angelico 02-01-2013 07:50 AM

Re: Cheat Engine In Python

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 6:21 PM, <wheelman.fm@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why there isn't any replys ? .

Because you posted it only a couple of hours ago, for one :)

My initial guess is: No. Feel free to disprove me by searching on
Google and finding one.

ChrisA

Steven D'Aprano 02-01-2013 09:08 AM

Re: Cheat Engine In Python

wheelman.fm@gmail.com wrote:

> Why there isn't any replys ? .

Three reasons:

1) It's only been a few hours. Maybe the people who know the answer haven't
read it yet.

2) When I try to read your first post, I get this error:

An error occurred.

Article could not be retrieved.
The following error occurred:
423 No such article number in this group

The article you requested is not available on your news server.

which suggests that maybe it's been deleted as spam, or otherwise is
corrupted.

Try rewording your post to be a bit less spammy and trying again.

--
Steven

Stefan Behnel 02-01-2013 09:59 AM

Re: Cheat Engine In Python

wheelman.fm@gmail.com, 01.02.2013 05:16:
> Are there any softwares like cheat engine and written in python

What's a "cheat engine"? And, assuming it exists, why can't you just use
it? What's your use case that explains the advantage of having it
(re-?)written in Python?

> I mean just the code not compiled ?

Not sure what you mean. Are you maybe looking for an open-source project?

Stefan

rusi 02-01-2013 01:46 PM

Re: Cheat Engine In Python

On Feb 1, 2:59*pm, Stefan Behnel <stefan...@behnel.de> wrote:
> wheelman...@gmail.com, 01.02.2013 05:16:
>
> > Are there any softwares like cheat engine and written in python

> What's a "cheat engine"?

I'm guessing its this (in Ruby) required in Python:
http://cheat.errtheblog.com/

> And, assuming it exists, why can't you just use
> it? What's your use case that explains the advantage of having it
> (re-?)written in Python?

Some variant of the NIH syndrome I suppose :-)

rusi 02-01-2013 03:05 PM

Re: Cheat Engine In Python

On Feb 1, 2:08*pm, Steven D'Aprano <steve
+comp.lang.pyt...@pearwood.info> wrote:
> wheelman...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Why there isn't any replys ? .

> Three reasons:
>
> 1) It's only been a few hours. Maybe the people who know the answer haven't
> read it yet.
>
> 2) When I try to read your first post, I get this error:
>
> * * An error occurred.
>
> * * Article could not be retrieved.
> * * The following error occurred:
> * * 423 No such article number in this group
>
> * * The article you requested is not available on your news server.
>
> which suggests that maybe it's been deleted as spam, or otherwise is
> corrupted.
>
> Try rewording your post to be a bit less spammy and trying again.
>
> --
> Steven

There are two hard things in computer science: cache invalidation,
naming things, and off-by-one errors. Martin Fowler

alex23 02-02-2013 09:11 PM

Re: Cheat Engine In Python

On Feb 1, 11:46*pm, rusi <rustompm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2:59*pm, Stefan Behnel <stefan...@behnel.de> wrote:
>
> > wheelman...@gmail.com, 01.02.2013 05:16:

> > > Are there any softwares like cheat engine and written in python

> > What's a "cheat engine"?

> I'm guessing its this (in Ruby) required in Python:http://cheat.errtheblog.com/

I assumed it was this: http://cheatengine.org/ which is an app for
modifying game data in memory.

Rewriting something like this would be a pretty hefty task for a
fairly niche activity, and is always going to be heavily platform
specific. Perhaps the OP could look into using ctypes to call Cheat
Engine's dbk32.dll instead and leverage off its pre-existing work.