Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: pyrudp (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t957092-re-pyrudp.html)

Jorge Alberto Diaz Orozco 01-30-2013 05:02 PM

Re: pyrudp

I´ve tried it but it´s not reliable. Datagrams can arive disorganised or just not arive.
Some programmers said I most use TCP, but I need to use UDP.
that´s why I need pyrudp, but I can not find it.

On Jan 30, 2013, at 8:12 AM, Jorge Alberto Diaz Orozco

What about the native socket call to SOCK_DGRAM?

Here is a simple example to read messages of a udp socket.

import socket
UDP_IP = "127.0.0.1"
UDP_PORT = 5005

sock = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, # Internet
socket.SOCK_DGRAM) # UDP
sock.bind((UDP_IP, UDP_PORT))

while True:
data, addr = sock.recvfrom(1024) # buffer size is 1024 bytes
print "received message:", data