Velocity Reviews

-   -   environment fingerprint (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t957044-environment-fingerprint.html)

Jabba Laci 01-29-2013 01:18 PM

environment fingerprint

Hi,

I have a script that I want to run in different environments: on
Linux, on Windows, on my home machine, at my workplace, in virtualbox,
etc. In each environment I want to use different configurations. For
instance the temp. directory on Linux would be /tmp, on Windows
c:\temp, etc. When the script starts, I want to test the environment
and load the corresponding config. settings. How to get an
OS-independent fingerprint of the environment?

Thanks,

Laszlo