Velocity Reviews

-   -   Steeples? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t957033-steeples.html)

Tony Cooper 01-28-2013 09:24 PM

Steeples?

When's "Steeples" due?

Here's one that isn't going to make the cut. It's simple, with good
color, but rather uninteresting. Non-traditional steeple on a
Catholic church.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Tony Cooper 01-28-2013 09:25 PM

Re: Steeples?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64147677/2013-01-19-103.jpg
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

DanP 01-28-2013 10:42 PM

Re: Steeples?

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:39:56 -0800, Savageduck wrote:

> On 2013-01-28 13:24:18 -0800, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com>
> said:
>
>> When's "Steeples" due?

> February 10, 2013
>
>> Here's one that isn't going to make the cut. It's simple, with good
>> color, but rather uninteresting. Non-traditional steeple on a Catholic
>> church.

> With most everything around here being "mission" style, and very
> unsteeple like, we don't have too much in terms of phallic steeples to
> be found. Unless I can dig up some steeple analogs I might not have any
> suitable images to contribute this time around.

Cheat, find something that looks like one and shoot into the Sun.

DanP

PeterN 01-29-2013 12:08 AM

Re: Steeples?

On 1/28/2013 4:25 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 16:24:18 -0500, Tony Cooper
> <tonycooper214@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> When's "Steeples" due?
>>
>> Here's one that isn't going to make the cut. It's simple, with good
>> color, but rather uninteresting. Non-traditional steeple on a
>> Catholic church.

> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64147677/2013-01-19-103.jpg
> --
> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

I have a problem going on a steeple chase.

--
PeterN

Rob 01-29-2013 12:43 AM

Re: Steeples?

On 29/01/2013 11:08 AM, PeterN wrote:
> On 1/28/2013 4:25 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 16:24:18 -0500, Tony Cooper
>> <tonycooper214@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> When's "Steeples" due?
>>>
>>> Here's one that isn't going to make the cut. It's simple, with good
>>> color, but rather uninteresting. Non-traditional steeple on a
>>> Catholic church.

>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64147677/2013-01-19-103.jpg
>> --
>> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
>>

> I have a problem going on a steeple chase.

I have some steeple chase racing images.

PeterN 01-29-2013 12:54 AM

Re: Steeples?

On 1/28/2013 7:43 PM, Rob wrote:
> On 29/01/2013 11:08 AM, PeterN wrote:
>> On 1/28/2013 4:25 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:

>>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64147677/2013-01-19-103.jpg
>>> --
>>> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
>>>

>> I have a problem going on a steeple chase.
>>

> I have some steeple chase racing images.

I wonder if ANY OF these would qualify:

<http://www.bridgeandtunnelclub.com/bigmap/brooklyn/coneyisland/steeplechasepier/index.htm>

--
PeterN

Rob 01-29-2013 02:18 AM

Re: Steeples?

On 29/01/2013 11:54 AM, PeterN wrote:
> On 1/28/2013 7:43 PM, Rob wrote:

>>> I have a problem going on a steeple chase.
>>>

>> I have some steeple chase racing images.

> I wonder if ANY OF these would qualify:
>
> <http://www.bridgeandtunnelclub.com/bigmap/brooklyn/coneyisland/steeplechasepier/index.htm>

That bloke in the garbage bin image - was looking for a handout!

Robert Coe 01-29-2013 04:20 AM

Re: Steeples?

<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
: On 2013-01-28 13:24:18 -0800, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com> said:
:
: > When's "Steeples" due?
:
: February 10, 2013
:
: > Here's one that isn't going to make the cut. It's simple, with good
: > color, but rather uninteresting. Non-traditional steeple on a
: > Catholic church.
:
: With most everything around here being "mission" style, and very
: unsteeple like, we don't have too much in terms of phallic steeples to
: be found. Unless I can dig up some steeple analogs I might not have any
: suitable images to contribute this time around.

Let's face it, Duck: for this mandate, ya gotta live in New England. ;^)

Bob

Tony Cooper 01-29-2013 04:48 AM

Re: Steeples?

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 19:54:12 -0500, PeterN
<peter.newnospal@verizon.net> wrote:

>On 1/28/2013 7:43 PM, Rob wrote:

>>> I have a problem going on a steeple chase.
>>>

>> I have some steeple chase racing images.

>I wonder if ANY OF these would qualify:
>
><http://www.bridgeandtunnelclub.com/bigmap/brooklyn/coneyisland/steeplechasepier/index.htm>

The blonde in image #3 may be causing a steeple.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Tony Cooper 01-29-2013 04:55 AM

Re: Steeples?

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:39:56 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2013-01-28 13:24:18 -0800, Tony Cooper <tonycooper214@gmail.com> said:
>
>> When's "Steeples" due?

>February 10, 2013
>
>> Here's one that isn't going to make the cut. It's simple, with good
>> color, but rather uninteresting. Non-traditional steeple on a
>> Catholic church.

>With most everything around here being "mission" style, and very
>unsteeple like, we don't have too much in terms of phallic steeples to
>be found. Unless I can dig up some steeple analogs I might not have any
>suitable images to contribute this time around.

My submissions will be traditional steeple with spires, but I would
include bell towers and mission towers in the mandate. Actually, a
"steeple" is a tall tower and what we picture as a steeple is the
tower plus the spire. It's still a steeple without the spire. Many
steeples don't have spires.

The word itself is from the Old English for "tower".

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida