Velocity Reviews

-   -   Algorithm. Tony Gaddis book 2 Starting python3 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t956990-algorithm-tony-gaddis-book-2-starting-python3.html)

george.15@talktalk.net 01-27-2013 04:29 PM

Algorithm. Tony Gaddis book 2 Starting python3

Hi
Question 3 Chp2 Page 76
Adds2 to a and assigns the result to b.
I have several attemtps,would like to check my answer.help please
At 80 i need all the help i can find.
Thanks George Smart

Michael Torrie 01-27-2013 05:46 PM

Re: Algorithm. Tony Gaddis book 2 Starting python3

On 01/27/2013 09:29 AM, george.15@talktalk.net wrote:
> Hi
> Question 3 Chp2 Page 76
> Adds2 to a and assigns the result to b.
> I have several attemtps,would like to check my answer.help please
> At 80 i need all the help i can find.
> Thanks George Smart

Awesome that you are learning Python! Indeed it is for all ages! What
does the question say, exactly (maybe quote it)? And definitely post
your answer to the question as well. It's better for us to work with
what you have already.

Michael

Gene Heskett 01-27-2013 06:07 PM

Re: Algorithm. Tony Gaddis book 2 Starting python3

On Sunday 27 January 2013 13:05:27 george.15@talktalk.net did opine:
Message additions Copyright Sunday 27 January 2013 by Gene Heskett

> Hi
> Question 3 Chp2 Page 76
> Adds2 to a and assigns the result to b.
> I have several attemtps,would like to check my answer.help please
> At 80 i need all the help i can find.
> Thanks George Smart

<sniff, sobs>
Darn, I've just been dethroned from my resident oldest fart on this list
throne, I'm only 78.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Thyme's Law:
Everything goes wrong at once.
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...

shi 01-27-2013 07:25 PM

Re: Algorithm. Tony Gaddis book 2 Starting python3

Hello George,

I found the book you're referring to via google (searching for: tony
gaddis starting out with python). The question is this:

3. Write assignment statements that perform the following operations
with the variables a,b and c.
a. Adds 2 to a and assigns the result to b
b. Multiplies b times 4 and assigns the result to a
c. Divides a by 3.14 and assigns the result to b
d. Subtracts 8 from and assigns the result to a

The typical way this list helps in homework assignments is
for the student to post his solution first, and then
let someone explain if/why something is wrong, and how to
go about the right solution.

I think you will have a lot of fun learning python.
It's very rewarding.

Best regards,
Stefaan.

shi 01-27-2013 07:27 PM

Re: Algorithm. Tony Gaddis book 2 Starting python3

> d. Subtracts 8 from and assigns the result to a

this should read: "Subtracts 8 from b and assigns the result to a"

Funny how none of the assignments involve a variable c, despite the
question :)

rh 01-29-2013 04:45 AM

Re: Algorithm. Tony Gaddis book 2 Starting python3

On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 08:29:45 -0800 (PST)
george.15@talktalk.net wrote:

> Hi
> Question 3 Chp2 Page 76
> Adds2 to a and assigns the result to b.
> I have several attemtps,would like to check my answer.help please
> At 80 i need all the help i can find.
> Thanks George Smart

This is one I have looked at recently, written by a teacher:
http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpy...tml/index.html