Velocity Reviews

-   -   MicrosoftCodecPack_amd64 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t956906-microsoftcodecpack_amd64.html)

Peter Jason 01-24-2013 09:18 PM

MicrosoftCodecPack_amd64

This works for everything except the Olympus E5.
Why did MS leave this one out? Is there a patch?
I can load up the *.orf in Photoshop CS6, but it's
easier to cull the flops from Win Explorer 7 SP1.
Disgusted!
Peter

RichA 01-26-2013 12:16 AM

Re: MicrosoftCodecPack_amd64

On Jan 24, 4:18*pm, Peter Jason <p...@jostle.com> wrote:
> This works for everything except the Olympus E5.
> Why did MS leave this one out? *Is there a patch?
> I can load up the *.orf in Photoshop CS6, but it's
> easier to cull the flops from Win Explorer 7 SP1.
> Disgusted!
> Peter

Annoying, isn't it?

Robert Coe 01-26-2013 04:15 PM

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 08:18:04 +1100, Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
: This works for everything except the Olympus E5.
: Why did MS leave this one out? Is there a patch?
: I can load up the *.orf in Photoshop CS6, but it's
: easier to cull the flops from Win Explorer 7 SP1.
: Disgusted!
: Peter

Maybe they got no help from Olympus and/or the Olympus RAW format was harder
to reverse-engineer. The Microsoft codec works on .CS2, but Canon has never
tried to pretend that they're not too lazy to write a 64-bit codec.

Does anybody's RAW codec display retained changes? Microsoft's doesn't, but I
don't believe the (32-bit) Canon codec does either.

Bob