Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to calculate Fibonacci with template? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t956746-how-to-calculate-fibonacci-with-template.html)

Helong Feng 01-21-2013 10:11 AM

How to calculate Fibonacci with template?

to ensure the complexity is O(1).THX~

bert 01-21-2013 10:25 AM

Re: How to calculate Fibonacci with template?

On Monday, 21 January 2013 10:11:58 UTC, Helong Feng wrote:
> to ensure the complexity is O(1).THX~

Work out your own recurrence relation which
approximately doubles the index at each step.
{F} = ... 3, 5, 8, ... 55, 89, ...
and: 55 = 8^2 - 3^2, 89 = 8^2 + 5^2.

Noob 01-21-2013 12:22 PM

Helong Feng wrote:

> How to calculate Fibonacci with template to ensure
> the complexity is O(1)

There are no templates in C.

Kenny McCormack 01-21-2013 01:19 PM

In article <kdjbrb$30k$1@dont-email.me>, Noob <root@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>Helong Feng wrote:
>
>> How to calculate Fibonacci with template to ensure
>> the complexity is O(1)

>There are no templates in C.

But there is in C/C++/C# - which is what most people really mean nowadays
when they refer to "C".

--
Nov 4, 2008 - the day when everything went
from being Clinton's fault to being Obama's fault.

Les Cargill 01-21-2013 01:29 PM

Kenny McCormack wrote:
> In article <kdjbrb$30k$1@dont-email.me>, Noob <root@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>> Helong Feng wrote:
>>
>>> How to calculate Fibonacci with template to ensure
>>> the complexity is O(1)

>> There are no templates in C.
>>

> But there is in C/C++/C# - which is what most people really mean nowadays
> when they refer to "C".

I don't think anybody confuses C# with the other two. C# was
specifically designed as a heresy on C++ - for "the language
business" at you-know-where.

--
Les Cargill

Kenny McCormack 01-21-2013 02:41 PM

Re: How to calculate Fibonacci with template?

In article <kdjfmu$q03$1@dont-email.me>,
Les Cargill <lcargill99@comcast.com> wrote:
>Kenny McCormack wrote:

>>> There are no templates in C.
>>>

>> But there is in C/C++/C# - which is what most people really mean nowadays
>> when they refer to "C".
>>

>I don't think anybody confuses C# with the other two. C# was
>specifically designed as a heresy on C++ - for "the language
>business" at you-know-where.

Heh heh. I hear ya. And I did just throw in the C# reference to further
annoy the regs here - as if the sight of those 2 plus signs following the
name of their beloved language wasn't enough.

But, seriously folks, from what I hear, in the "business" world these days,
C# *is* pretty much considered to be the current incarnation of C. Even C++
is considered to be a "legacy language".

--
People who say they'll vote for someone else because Obama couldn't solve
all of Bush's messes are like people complaining that he couldn't cure cancer,

Shao Miller 01-21-2013 04:20 PM

On 1/21/2013 09:41, Kenny McCormack wrote:
> In article <kdjfmu$q03$1@dont-email.me>,
> Les Cargill <lcargill99@comcast.com> wrote:
>> Kenny McCormack wrote:

>>> But there is in C/C++/C# - which is what most people really mean nowadays
>>> when they refer to "C".
>>>

>> I don't think anybody confuses C# with the other two. C# was
>> specifically designed as a heresy on C++ - for "the language
>> business" at you-know-where.

> Heh heh. I hear ya. And I did just throw in the C# reference to further
> annoy the regs here - as if the sight of those 2 plus signs following the
> name of their beloved language wasn't enough.

I don't understand why you'd want to do that.

> But, seriously folks, from what I hear, in the "business" world these days,
> C# *is* pretty much considered to be the current incarnation of C. Even C++
> is considered to be a "legacy language".

It's fun that the '#' can be decomposed into 4 tiny '+' signs, perhaps
resulting an operation like: (c++)++ Unfortunately, that operation
doesn't work, in C.

--
- Shao Miller

Cheerily," -- Richard Harter

Noob 01-21-2013 07:43 PM

Shao Miller wrote:

> I don't understand why you'd want to do that.

I don't understand what you don't understand.

Trolls will be trolls.