Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cisco (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f27-cisco.html)
-   -   Enforcing Dedicating Symmetric Full Duplex Signalling (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t956708-enforcing-dedicating-symmetric-full-duplex-signalling.html)

The Doctor 01-19-2013 09:31 PM

Enforcing Dedicating Symmetric Full Duplex Signalling
 
Is there a way in BSD and / or Cisco to enforce symmetric
full-duplex signalling / packet these days?
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca
God,Queen and country!Never Satan President Republic!Beware AntiChrist rising!
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Birthdate : 29 Jan 1969 Redhill UK

Torfinn Ingolfsen 01-20-2013 12:04 AM

Re: Enforcing Dedicating Symmetric Full Duplex Signalling
 
On 01/19/2013 22:31, The Doctor wrote:
> Is there a way in BSD and / or Cisco to enforce symmetric
> full-duplex signalling / packet these days?


Related to what?
--
Torfinn Ingolfsen,
Norway

The Doctor 01-20-2013 12:32 AM

Re: Enforcing Dedicating Symmetric Full Duplex Signalling
 
In article <kdfc9u$vfp$1@dont-email.me>,
Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingo@home.no> wrote:
>On 01/19/2013 22:31, The Doctor wrote:
>> Is there a way in BSD and / or Cisco to enforce symmetric
>> full-duplex signalling / packet these days?

>
>Related to what?
>--
>Torfinn Ingolfsen,
>Norway


Related to ip packets such that

Speed incoming == Speed outgoing.
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca
God,Queen and country!Never Satan President Republic!Beware AntiChrist rising!
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Birthdate : 29 Jan 1969 Redhill UK

Rob 01-20-2013 10:02 AM

Re: Enforcing Dedicating Symmetric Full Duplex Signalling
 
The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
> In article <kdfc9u$vfp$1@dont-email.me>,
> Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingo@home.no> wrote:
>>On 01/19/2013 22:31, The Doctor wrote:
>>> Is there a way in BSD and / or Cisco to enforce symmetric
>>> full-duplex signalling / packet these days?

>>
>>Related to what?
>>--
>>Torfinn Ingolfsen,
>>Norway

>
> Related to ip packets such that
>
> Speed incoming == Speed outgoing.


Speed is not something you can enforce. It is an attribute of
your connection that is usually determined by its physical properties.

The Doctor 01-20-2013 12:42 PM

Re: Enforcing Dedicating Symmetric Full Duplex Signalling
 
In article <slrnkfng6d.n8v.nomail@xs8.xs4all.nl>,
Rob <nomail@example.com> wrote:
>The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:
>> In article <kdfc9u$vfp$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingo@home.no> wrote:
>>>On 01/19/2013 22:31, The Doctor wrote:
>>>> Is there a way in BSD and / or Cisco to enforce symmetric
>>>> full-duplex signalling / packet these days?
>>>
>>>Related to what?
>>>--
>>>Torfinn Ingolfsen,
>>>Norway

>>
>> Related to ip packets such that
>>
>> Speed incoming == Speed outgoing.

>
>Speed is not something you can enforce. It is an attribute of
>your connection that is usually determined by its physical properties.


Some how can sysmettric full duplex be 'attributed'?
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca
God,Queen and country!Never Satan President Republic!Beware AntiChrist rising!
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Birthdate : 29 Jan 1969 Redhill UK

The Doctor 01-20-2013 01:25 PM

Re: Enforcing Dedicating Symmetric Full Duplex Signalling
 
In article <kdgqh4$kdo$1@dont-email.me>, alexd <troffasky@hotmail.com> wrote:
>The Doctor (for it is he) wrote:
>
>>>Speed is not something you can enforce. It is an attribute of
>>>your connection that is usually determined by its physical properties.

>>
>> Some how can sysmettric full duplex be 'attributed'?

>
>Your question doesn't make much sense as asked. Are you trying to hard-set
>an ethernet interface to full duplex?



More than that!

All requests are the same spped coming in and going out!

>
>--
> <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) (UnSoEsNpEaTm@ale.cx)
> 13:12:36 up 34 days, 15:44, 6 users, load average: 0.53, 0.65, 0.71
> Qua illic est reprehendit, illic est a vindicatum
>



--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca
God,Queen and country!Never Satan President Republic!Beware AntiChrist rising!
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Birthdate : 29 Jan 1969 Redhill UK


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.