Velocity Reviews

-   -   Java source (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t956663-java-source.html)

bob smith 01-18-2013 05:24 PM

Java source

So, I'm doing some Java Swing development, and I wanted to jump to the source of this method:

java.awt.Window.setVisible(boolean)

However, I'm on a Mac, and I'm not sure how to attach the source. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

Stefan Ram 01-18-2013 06:13 PM

Re: Java source

bob smith <bob@coolfone.comze.com> writes:
>So, I'm doing some Java Swing development, and I wanted to jump to the source of this method:
>java.awt.Window.setVisible(boolean)

Under Mac src.zip/jar might be in

/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0_22-b04-307.jdk/Contents/Home
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0_29-b11-402.jdk/Contents/Home
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_10.jdk/Contents/Home/

or so. Or try this search in a web search engine (it should
be an engine with the G [generic] search engine interface):

"package java.awt" "class Window" "shaio" -summary

bob smith 01-18-2013 06:20 PM

Re: Java source

On Friday, January 18, 2013 11:24:13 AM UTC-6, bob smith wrote:
> So, I'm doing some Java Swing development, and I wanted to jump to the source of this method:
>

> java.awt.Window.setVisible(boolean)
>

> However, I'm on a Mac, and I'm not sure how to attach the source. Anyone know how to do this?
>

> Thanks.

I went to the Apple Developer Connection and got some Java thing for Developers.

It was about 150 MB.

Then the source is here:

/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0_37-b06-434.jdk/Contents/Home/src.jar

BTW, anyone know why I can't post images to this group?

Eric Sosman 01-18-2013 06:36 PM

Re: Java source

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet#Binary_content

--
Eric Sosman
esosman@comcast-dot-net.invalid

bob smith 01-18-2013 09:03 PM

Re: Java source

On Friday, January 18, 2013 12:36:20 PM UTC-6, Eric Sosman wrote:
> On 1/18/2013 1:20 PM, bob smith wrote:
>
> >[...]

> > BTW, anyone know why I can't post images to this group?

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet#Binary_content
>

> --
>
> Eric Sosman
>
> esosman@comcast-dot-net.invalid

Oh yeah.

I forgot the difference between Google Groups and Usenet.

Roedy Green 01-18-2013 11:00 PM

Re: Java source

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 09:24:13 -0800 (PST), bob smith
<bob@coolfone.comze.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone
who said :

>So, I'm doing some Java Swing development, and I wanted to jump to the source of this method:
>
>java.awt.Window.setVisible(boolean)
>
>However, I'm on a Mac, and I'm not sure how to attach the source. Anyone know how to do this?

This depends on your IDE. I use IntelliJ. I point to a word, hit
Ctrl-B and it takes me to the definition.

For it to work, you normally have to do some sort of configuring to
tell your IDE where to look for source code.

Try google "name-of-my-ide java jump to definition source"
time.
~ Tom Cargill Ninety-ninety Law

Joerg Meier 01-19-2013 10:47 PM

Re: Java source

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 15:00:32 -0800, Roedy Green wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 09:24:13 -0800 (PST), bob smith
> <bob@coolfone.comze.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone
> who said :
>>So, I'm doing some Java Swing development, and I wanted to jump to the source of this method:

>>java.awt.Window.setVisible(boolean)

>>However, I'm on a Mac, and I'm not sure how to attach the source. Anyone know how to do this?

> This depends on your IDE. I use IntelliJ. I point to a word, hit
> Ctrl-B and it takes me to the definition.

> For it to work, you normally have to do some sort of configuring to
> tell your IDE where to look for source code.

On Eclipse, it's F3. If the source is not attached, it will ask you to
locate it.

Liebe Gruesse,
Joerg

ungelesen.