Velocity Reviews

-   -   Thermalright AXP-100 CPU Air Cooler (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t956538-thermalright-axp-100-cpu-air-cooler.html)

Becky 01-15-2013 03:46 PM

Thermalright AXP-100 CPU Air Cooler

Hard OCP have reviewed the Thermalright AXP-100 CPU Air Cooler:

Quote:

"Most companies that produce CPU coolers try to offer products at varying price points and performance to meet the needs of all consumers. This makes sense since everyone’s needs are different. There are very few companies, though, that produce quality products at each of these levels. Thermalright is one of those companies. Its reputation has been earned and reinforced over years of producing quality coolers. We have looked at their high-end offerings such as the Silver Arrow, their mid-range offerings including the TS140 and even coolers designed to run without a fan like the HR-02. Thermalright even makes coolers for video cards if you’re daring enough to try the Shaman. It is pretty safe to say that when you’re looking for a cooler no matter what your needs are, Thermalright is one company that should be on everyone’s list.

Which brings me today’s product. For anyone who has ever put together a HTPC or small form factor PC you know the difficulty in finding an aftermarket cooler that is small yet powerful. When space is at a premium I found myself sticking with the stock AMD cooler because it was "good enough." Well for those of you who say that good enough is never good enough Thermalright has a better answer for you. It’s the AXP-100. Oddly named but having it where it counts, the AXP-100 is designed from the ground up to be compact but powerful. Utilizing six heat pipes and a fan only fourteen millimeters thick you can be sure it will fit where you need it to. Now, let’s see just how well the AZP-100 performs.

One quick not before we begin. We are going to be testing this cooler under conditions that are extreme for what it was designed for. It will have to deal with more heat than 99% of all HTPCs and do so without failing. We feel as though this will test the AXP-100’s true mettle. With that in mind let’s continue."
You can read more here.