Velocity Reviews

-   -   Google nz and Google com (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t956495-google-nz-and-google-com.html)

Geopelia 01-14-2013 05:08 AM

Google nz and Google com

What do I click to change Google New Zealand to Google.com please? I can't
find anything on the site.

Geopelia

Ralph Fox 01-14-2013 05:33 AM

Re: Google nz and Google com

At the bottom far right of www.google.co.nz there is a grey-coloured link to Google.com.

Or, use this link: http://www.google.com/ncr -- add it to your favorites.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Frank Williams 01-14-2013 07:17 AM

Re: Google nz and Google com

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 18:33:07 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 18:08:35 +1300, Geopelia wrote:
>
>> What do I click to change Google New Zealand to Google.com please? I can't
>> find anything on the site.

>At the bottom far right of www.google.co.nz there is a grey-coloured link to Google.com.
>
>Or, use this link: http://www.google.com/ncr -- add it to your favorites.

I think you will find that Google.com does not give you the NZ search
option.

So its not so good to use Google.com you are in NZ not US.

Geopelia 01-14-2013 11:53 AM

Re: Google nz and Google com

"Ralph Fox" <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 18:08:35 +1300, Geopelia wrote:
>
>> What do I click to change Google New Zealand to Google.com please? I
>> can't
>> find anything on the site.

> At the bottom far right of www.google.co.nz there is a grey-coloured link
> to Google.com.
>
> Or, use this link: http://www.google.com/ncr -- add it to your
> favorites.

Thank you. I see I can change it back if if I need New Zealand information.

Geopelia

Geopelia 01-14-2013 11:57 AM

Re: Google nz and Google com

"Frank Williams" <FWilliams@happy.com.ru> wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 18:33:07 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 18:08:35 +1300, Geopelia wrote:
>>
>>> What do I click to change Google New Zealand to Google.com please? I
>>> can't
>>> find anything on the site.

>>At the bottom far right of www.google.co.nz there is a grey-coloured link
>>to Google.com.
>>
>>Or, use this link: http://www.google.com/ncr -- add it to your
>>favorites.

> I think you will find that Google.com does not give you the NZ search
> option.
>

> So its not so good to use Google.com you are in NZ not US.

Most of what I look for isn't New Zealand information. I can change it back
now if I need to.
Geopelia

Dave Doe 01-14-2013 12:42 PM

Re: Google nz and Google com

In article <kd03sq$ehi$1@dont-email.me>, Geopelia@nowhere.com, Geopelia
says...

> What do I click to change Google New Zealand to Google.com please? I can't
> find anything on the site.
>
> Geopelia

Huh, there's only about ten things on the entire page - the link is at
the bottom right of the page (you may need to scroll down a bit (as far
as you can go)).

Just mentioning that incase you just used Ralph's link, rather than
understood his comment - which is the same as mine.

--
Duncan.

Geopelia 01-14-2013 08:51 PM

Re: Google nz and Google com

"Dave Doe" <hard@work.ok> wrote in message
> In article <kd03sq$ehi$1@dont-email.me>, Geopelia@nowhere.com, Geopelia
> says...
>>
>> What do I click to change Google New Zealand to Google.com please? I
>> can't
>> find anything on the site.
>>
>> Geopelia

> Huh, there's only about ten things on the entire page - the link is at
> the bottom right of the page (you may need to scroll down a bit (as far
> as you can go)).
>
> Just mentioning that incase you just used Ralph's link, rather than
> understood his comment - which is the same as mine.

Thanks to all, I can switch from one to the other now.

Geopelia

Enkidu 01-14-2013 10:19 PM

Re: Google nz and Google com

On 15/01/13 01:42, Dave Doe wrote:
> In article <kd03sq$ehi$1@dont-email.me>, Geopelia@nowhere.com, Geopelia
> says...
>>
>> What do I click to change Google New Zealand to Google.com please? I can't
>> find anything on the site.
>>
>> Geopelia

> Huh, there's only about ten things on the entire page - the link is at
> the bottom right of the page (you may need to scroll down a bit (as far
> as you can go)).
>
> Just mentioning that incase you just used Ralph's link, rather than
> understood his comment - which is the same as mine.

Google seem to show everything on the page including that line of links
if the window is maximised. I've never noticed the link (but them I've
not looked for it) and it is in pale grey on a white screen, which
doesn't make it noticeable!

Cheers,

Cliff

Dave Doe 01-15-2013 01:19 AM

Re: Google nz and Google com

In article <50f48461$1@news.actrix.co.nz>, enkidu@cliffp.com.cliffp.com,
Enkidu says...

> On 15/01/13 01:42, Dave Doe wrote:
> > In article <kd03sq$ehi$1@dont-email.me>, Geopelia@nowhere.com, Geopelia
> > says...
> >>
> >> What do I click to change Google New Zealand to Google.com please? I can't
> >> find anything on the site.
> >>
> >> Geopelia

> > Huh, there's only about ten things on the entire page - the link is at
> > the bottom right of the page (you may need to scroll down a bit (as far
> > as you can go)).
> >
> > Just mentioning that incase you just used Ralph's link, rather than
> > understood his comment - which is the same as mine.
> >

> Google seem to show everything on the page including that line of links
> if the window is maximised. I've never noticed the link (but them I've
> not looked for it) and it is in pale grey on a white screen, which
> doesn't make it noticeable!

That indeed could be exaberated on Geo's screen, which IIRC, is not in
native resolution, ever since the "computer man" upgraded the monitor to
an LCD, but did not think through the ramifications of doing so (didn't
upgrade the video card to go with it to support widescreen format).

--
Duncan.

Gordon 01-15-2013 04:26 AM

Re: Google nz and Google com

On 2013-01-14, geoff <geoff@nospampaf.co.nz> wrote:

> "Geopelia" <Geopelia@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Most of what I look for isn't New Zealand information. I can change it
>> back now if I need to.
>> Geopelia

> Google.co.nz is essentially identixcal to Google.com except for minor menu
> differnces (and maybe the ads). You are still search the whole google
> 'world' on g.....co.nz - there is no point in changing anything.

However I have the feeling that the *order* of the results ware different.
If you are in NZ then if you search for Motels (the buildings not the group)
you get the NZ at the top of the list. Appears that is not the best of
examples.