Velocity Reviews

-   -   Canon's "N" is a pile of junk (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t956457-canons-n-is-a-pile-of-junk.html)

Rich 01-12-2013 11:51 AM

Canon's "N" is a pile of junk

Who thought up this travesty, this ergonomic nightmare?

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/01...om-12MP-sensor

RichA 01-12-2013 10:41 PM

Re: Canon's "N" is a pile of junk

On Jan 12, 11:57*am, George Kerby <ghost_top...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/12/13 5:51 AM, in article kcriok$gh...@speranza.aioe.org, "Rich"
>
> <n...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> > Who thought up this travesty, this ergonomic nightmare?

> >http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/01...-N-vari-angle-...
> > era-with-flip-out-touchscreen-8x-24-224mm-zoom-12MP-sensor

> "So, it is written by Rich - and so it shall be..."

I tried to be magnanimous, because one company came out with a square
pro video camera that I like the design of so I thought the Canon
might be good. Then I read about it.

Peter 01-14-2013 01:11 AM

Re: Canon's "N" is a pile of junk

On 1/13/2013 9:16 AM, Bowser wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 14:41:53 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3127@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Jan 12, 11:57 am, George Kerby <ghost_top...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> "So, it is written by Rich - and so it shall be..."

>> I tried to be magnanimous, because one company came out with a square
>> pro video camera that I like the design of so I thought the Canon
>> might be good. Then I read about it.

> So you've never even touched one?
>
> Hmmm....

Couldencha figger that.

--
PeterN

RichA 01-15-2013 12:57 AM

Re: Canon's "N" is a pile of junk

On Jan 13, 9:16*am, Bowser <id...@think.so> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 14:41:53 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Jan 12, 11:57*am, George Kerby <ghost_top...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> "So, it is written by Rich - and so it shall be..."

> >I tried to be magnanimous, because one company came out with a square
> >pro video camera that I like the design of so I thought the Canon
> >might be good. *Then I read about it.

> So you've never even touched one?
>
> Hmmm....

Luckily, most humans can estimate functionality from 2D images of
products. That's why we have such growth in internet sales and the
death of camera stores.

Whisky-dave 01-15-2013 01:37 PM

Re: Canon's "N" is a pile of junk

On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:52:25 PM UTC, Bowser wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 16:57:05 -0800 (PST), RichA <rander3127@gmail.com>
>
> wrote:
>

> >On Jan 13, 9:16*am, Bowser <id...@think.so> wrote:

> >> So you've never even touched one?

> >> Hmmm....

> >Luckily, most humans can estimate functionality from 2D images of

> >products. That's why we have such growth in internet sales and the

> >death of camera stores.

> Uh.....right.
>

> Hey! You know what might be a great idea? Well, since these cameras
>
> are digital, someone could create a web site where they would test
>
> these cams and post the results so that we can all download the shots
>
> and judge for ourselves! That way we won't have to estimate the
>
> functionality of such devices.
>

> Whaddya think?

nah better to give marks out of 100 for particualar functions.

As long as we don't go down the phone-in way that X-factor and others do.

Well it might tell us what the most popular camera is I guess.