Velocity Reviews

-   -   PIL or something to open EXIF Metadata with Python (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t956343-pil-or-something-to-open-exif-metadata-with-python.html)

Jose Trevino 01-09-2013 02:45 PM

PIL or something to open EXIF Metadata with Python

I am trying to load the PIL module to manage exif metadata with Python but have had no success. I do some work relate with applescript, but for large files time increases exponentially. So I changed to Python with the intention of using PIL or something similar. I see that the last update of PIL is like 3 years ago, so I don't know if it is still working. I downloaded the last version of PIL to my mac, but I can't get python to recognize PIL included commands. Does anybody has a suggestion? Thanks.

Tim Golden 01-09-2013 02:57 PM

Re: PIL or something to open EXIF Metadata with Python

On 09/01/2013 14:45, Jose Trevino wrote:
> I am trying to load the PIL module to manage exif metadata with
> Python but have had no success.

Try pyexiv2:

http://tilloy.net/dev/pyexiv2/

TJG

Pete Forman 01-10-2013 11:16 AM

Tim Golden <mail@timgolden.me.uk> writes:

> On 09/01/2013 14:45, Jose Trevino wrote:
>> I am trying to load the PIL module to manage exif metadata with
>> Python but have had no success.

> Try pyexiv2:
>
> http://tilloy.net/dev/pyexiv2/
>
> TJG