Velocity Reviews

-   -   A Very Lucky Shot (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t956327-a-very-lucky-shot.html)

M-M 01-09-2013 04:23 AM

A Very Lucky Shot

This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:

http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg

--
m-m
Photo Gallery:

Paul Ciszek 01-09-2013 05:36 AM

Re: A Very Lucky Shot

In article <nospam.m-m-2F98B7.23235208012013@cpe-76-190-186-198.neo.res.rr.com>,
M-M <nospam.m-m@ny.more> wrote:
>This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
>people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:
>
>http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg

Nice!

--
Please reply to: | "We establish no religion in this country, we
pciszek at panix dot com | command no worship, we mandate no belief, nor

Kwincay Ercolinowitz 01-09-2013 01:42 PM

Re: A Very Lucky Shot

On 08-Jan-13 23:23, M-M wrote:
> This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
> people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:

The shot reminds us all of the negroes that always have their mouths
open looking for handouts from the government. The taxpayer, especially
the rich are getting raped by the government so lazy negroes can stay on
foodstamps and welfare instead of working like humans.

philo  01-09-2013 08:40 PM

Re: A Very Lucky Shot

On 01/09/2013 07:42 AM, Kwincay Ercolinowitz wrote:

**PLONK**

(first one ever for this group)

Robert Coe 01-10-2013 02:43 AM

Re: A Very Lucky Shot

On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:23:52 -0500, M-M <nospam.m-m@ny.more> wrote:
: This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
: people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:
:
: http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg

Did the fish make that mistake on his own, or was he thrown to the porpoise by
an employee of the aquarium?

Bob

M-M 01-10-2013 06:14 PM

Re: A Very Lucky Shot

In article <1kase81hevk27m7k5ete0s67uju9kau1nu@4ax.com>,
Robert Coe <bob@1776.COM> wrote:

> On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:23:52 -0500, M-M <nospam.m-m@ny.more> wrote:
> : This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
> : people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:
> :
> : http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg
>
> Did the fish make that mistake on his own, or was he thrown to the porpoise by
> an employee of the aquarium?
>
> Bob

The shot was taken from the beach. No aquarium- completely natural
settings. I believe from the splashes in the water, that the dolphin
flipped the fish up with his tail then caught it with his mouth.

Quite amazing.

--
m-m
Photo Gallery:

M-M 01-10-2013 06:19 PM

Re: A Very Lucky Shot

In article <1kase81hevk27m7k5ete0s67uju9kau1nu@4ax.com>,
Robert Coe <bob@1776.COM> wrote:

> On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:23:52 -0500, M-M <nospam.m-m@ny.more> wrote:
> : This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
> : people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:
> :
> : http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg
>
> Did the fish make that mistake on his own, or was he thrown to the porpoise by
> an employee of the aquarium?
>
> Bob

Here is the uncropped full frame (reduced) original to show the natural
surroundings:

http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_8893ff.jpg

--
m-m
Photo Gallery:

Mort 01-11-2013 02:37 AM

Re: A Very Lucky Shot

M-M wrote:
> This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The
> people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:
>
> http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg

Hi,

Yes, you were lucky, but you were also there with your camera at the
ready. Had you had to take the camera out of your case or pocket, then
you would have missed the shot. Being prepared is half the battle.

Great shot.

Mort Linder

Whisky-dave 01-11-2013 01:42 PM

Re: A Very Lucky Shot

On Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:14:49 PM UTC, M-M wrote:
> In article <1kase81hevk27m7k5ete0s67uju9kau1nu@4ax.com>,
>
> Robert Coe <bob@1776.COM> wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 23:23:52 -0500, M-M <nospam.m-m@ny.more> wrote:

> > : This is definitely being at the right place at the right time. The

> > : people with me did not even see it happen- it was that quick:

> > :

> > : http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/d80/DSC_28893.jpg

> > Did the fish make that mistake on his own, or was he thrown to the porpoise by

> > an employee of the aquarium?

> > Bob

> The shot was taken from the beach. No aquarium- completely natural
>
> settings. I believe from the splashes in the water, that the dolphin
>
> flipped the fish up with his tail then caught it with his mouth.

Whales have been seen doing that sort of thing with popropse

Whisky-dave 01-11-2013 04:48 PM

Re: A Very Lucky Shot

On Friday, January 11, 2013 3:02:08 PM UTC, George Kerby wrote:
> On 1/11/13 7:42 AM, in article
>
> 3800e17a-25f6-4b78-b170-99672baf5e9c@googlegroups.com, "Whisky-dave"
>
> <whisky.dave@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:14:49 PM UTC, M-M wrote:

> >> The shot was taken from the beach. No aquarium- completely natural

> >> settings. I believe from the splashes in the water, that the dolphin

> >> flipped the fish up with his tail then caught it with his mouth.

> > Whales have been seen doing that sort of thing with popropse

> On porpoise?

The Porpoise did it on purpose :-)