Velocity Reviews

-   -   Updating Firefox using the options menu (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t9561-updating-firefox-using-the-options-menu.html)

rsilvers2@bellsouth.net 10-13-2004 04:02 PM

Updating Firefox using the options menu

I can not get Firefox to update.. I'm using the options menu,
software update,check now box. I click it,it runs, I get a message
telling me there is a critical update plus a 1.0 preview update.
I select the critical update & hit the install now button.
I get the box telling me it is d/l & installing updates but the
update is never d/l. I left the box open for 1 hour but nothing
was ever d/l or installed.

What am I missing?? Everything else works fine.
TIA
Rick

Leonidas Jones 10-13-2004 04:35 PM

Re: Updating Firefox using the options menu

rsilvers2@bellsouth.net wrote:
> I can not get Firefox to update.. I'm using the options menu,
> software update,check now box. I click it,it runs, I get a message
> telling me there is a critical update plus a 1.0 preview update.
> I select the critical update & hit the install now button.
> I get the box telling me it is d/l & installing updates but the
> update is never d/l. I left the box open for 1 hour but nothing
> was ever d/l or installed.
>
> What am I missing?? Everything else works fine.
> TIA
> Rick

If the critical update you are talking about is the recent security
patch, check about firefox, and look at the version number. If it says
0.10.1, it installed.

Lee

rsilvers2@bellsouth.net 10-13-2004 05:25 PM

Re: Updating Firefox using the options menu

It shows .10 so I don't guess I got the update. For some reason
it will not d/l it..

>rsilvers2@bellsouth.net wrote:
>> I can not get Firefox to update.. I'm using the options menu,
>> software update,check now box. I click it,it runs, I get a message
>> telling me there is a critical update plus a 1.0 preview update.
>> I select the critical update & hit the install now button.
>> I get the box telling me it is d/l & installing updates but the
>> update is never d/l. I left the box open for 1 hour but nothing
>> was ever d/l or installed.
>>
>> What am I missing?? Everything else works fine.
>> TIA
>> Rick
>>

>If the critical update you are talking about is the recent security
>patch, check about firefox, and look at the version number. If it says
>0.10.1, it installed.
>
>Lee

TIA
Rick

viola 10-13-2004 06:46 PM

<rsilvers2@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> It shows .10 so I don't guess I got the update. For some reason
> it will not d/l it..
>
>>rsilvers2@bellsouth.net wrote:
>>> I can not get Firefox to update.. I'm using the options menu,
>>> software update,check now box. I click it,it runs, I get a message
>>> telling me there is a critical update plus a 1.0 preview update.
>>> I select the critical update & hit the install now button.
>>> I get the box telling me it is d/l & installing updates but the
>>> update is never d/l. I left the box open for 1 hour but nothing
>>> was ever d/l or installed.
>>>
>>> What am I missing?? Everything else works fine.
>>> TIA
>>> Rick
>>>

>>If the critical update you are talking about is the recent security
>>patch, check about firefox, and look at the version number. If it says
>>0.10.1, it installed.
>>
>>Lee

> TIA
> Rick

same here
i left for 5 hrs

.brian. 10-13-2004 07:13 PM

(On 10/13/2004 1:25 PM) rsilvers2@bellsouth.net wrote:
> It shows .10 so I don't guess I got the update. For some reason
> it will not d/l it..

The simplest way to get the update (if you are having problems) is to
install it manually. All you have to do is go to the FTP location and
click on the XPI file. Firefox may not allow you to install the XPI
file since the location is not 'updates.mozilla.org', but all you need
to do is click on the button near the toolbar and 'allow' the install.

The update is here:
[ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.or...es/259708.xpi]

--
Brian

Email Info -
http://68.1.17.8/theferrets/email.htm