Velocity Reviews

-   -   If in Paris (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t955952-if-in-paris.html)

Rob 12-30-2012 12:22 AM

If in Paris

This would be an interesting place to Photograph

http://scpworkasx.com/2012/12/27/la-samaritaine/

Irwell 12-31-2012 05:19 PM

Re: If in Paris

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 11:22:36 +1100, Rob wrote:

> This would be an interesting place to Photograph
>
> http://scpworkasx.com/2012/12/27/la-samaritaine/

Used to better still for a nice meal on the rooftop restaurant.

Paul Ciszek 12-31-2012 05:30 PM

Re: If in Paris

In article <kbo1gc$2jj$1@dont-email.me>, Rob <mesamine@google.com> wrote:
>This would be an interesting place to Photograph
>
>http://scpworkasx.com/2012/12/27/la-samaritaine/

I would love to be able to visit Paris someday. Here's a recent picture
someone posted to Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/missvalmente/8287949971/

--
Please reply to: | No nation is drunken where wine is cheap.
pciszek at panix dot com | --Thomas Jefferson

Rob 01-03-2013 10:53 PM

Re: If in Paris

On 1/01/2013 4:30 AM, Paul Ciszek wrote:
> In article <kbo1gc$2jj$1@dont-email.me>, Rob <mesamine@google.com> wrote:
>> This would be an interesting place to Photograph
>>
>> http://scpworkasx.com/2012/12/27/la-samaritaine/

> I would love to be able to visit Paris someday. Here's a recent picture
> someone posted to Flickr:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/missvalmente/8287949971/

looks like new years fireworks

Joe Kotroczo 01-04-2013 09:32 AM

Re: If in Paris

On 31/12/2012 18:30, Paul Ciszek wrote:
> In article <kbo1gc$2jj$1@dont-email.me>, Rob <mesamine@google.com> wrote:
>> This would be an interesting place to Photograph
>>
>> http://scpworkasx.com/2012/12/27/la-samaritaine/

> I would love to be able to visit Paris someday. Here's a recent picture
> someone posted to Flickr:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/missvalmente/8287949971/

That's a completely different place though, Lafayette is in the 9th, and
Samaritaine in the 1st.

Samaritaine was closed in 2005, and is being remodelled into offices and
flats. Last time I was in there was 2000 or 2001. Shopping for underwear
if I remember correctly.

--
audentes fortuna iuvat