Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Query re language for running videos on TV (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t955854-re-query-re-language-for-running-videos-on-tv.html)

Chris Angelico 12-27-2012 05:46 AM

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 3:35 PM, mjperreau <mjperreau@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am new to raspberry pi and am looking at coming up with a program with a
> GUI menu for selecting saved videos onto HD TV.
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction please…

Huh, sounds like the Yosemite Project, one of the first non-trivial
programs I wrote in Python.

https://github.com/Rosuav/Yosemite

It uses a web browser as its UI, but this is what we use for running
our TV. Feel free to borrow ideas and/or code from it (code's all
available under the BSD 2-clause license).

ChrisA