Velocity Reviews

-   -   Costco Photo Charging 100x the Price on their Web Site (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t955754-costco-photo-charging-100x-the-price-on-their-web-site.html)

SMS 12-23-2012 02:47 AM

Costco Photo Charging 100x the Price on their Web Site

<http://i47.tinypic.com/14negdz.jpg>

In reality they are charging $0.39 for each additional calendar, not 0.39¢.

philo  12-23-2012 02:39 PM

Re: Costco Photo Charging 100x the Price on their Web Site

On 12/22/2012 08:47 PM, SMS wrote:
> <http://i47.tinypic.com/14negdz.jpg>
>
> In reality they are charging $0.39 for each additional calendar, not 0.39¢.

Good catch!

I am sure someone can sue them!

--
https://www.createspace.com/3707686

SMS 12-25-2012 06:57 PM

On 12/23/2012 6:39 AM, philo wrote:
> On 12/22/2012 08:47 PM, SMS wrote:
>> <http://i47.tinypic.com/14negdz.jpg>
>>
>> In reality they are charging $0.39 for each additional calendar, not
>> 0.39¢.

> Good catch!
>
> I am sure someone can sue them!

Opening the Xmas cards we got this year, about 50% of them are the
Costco 6" x 7½" photo greeting cards. They are a very good deal at 30¢
per print including the envelope (a 5"x7" print costs 39¢). I just use
the blank card and create my own card in Adobe Illustrator.

SMS 12-26-2012 11:14 PM

Re: Costco Photo Charging 100x the Price on their Web Site

On 12/23/2012 6:39 AM, philo wrote:
> On 12/22/2012 08:47 PM, SMS wrote:
>> <http://i47.tinypic.com/14negdz.jpg>
>>
>> In reality they are charging $0.39 for each additional calendar, not
>> 0.39¢.

> Good catch!
>
> I am sure someone can sue them!

I sent them a message about the price being wrong and someone called me
about it today. I had a very hard time explaining to him that 0.39¢ is
not the same as $0.39, but I think he finally understood, or he just
said he did.

I feel like the guy that called Verizon about the same thing:

<http://verizonmath.blogspot.com/2007/08/original-recording-of-verizon-customer.html>.
Very amusing. They quoted him 0.002¢/KB (2¢/MB) but they charged him
$0.002/KB ($2/MB). He never could get the Verizon rep to admit that
0.002¢ was not the same as $0.002.