Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Minimal C++ compiler (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t955750-re-minimal-c-compiler.html)

Heribert Weinrot 12-23-2012 01:44 AM

Re: Minimal C++ compiler

A "minimal C++ compiler" is kind of an oxymoron. C++ is quite difficult
to parse and as an additional bonus of complexity, you have the template
system. Which is a turing-complete language run at compile time.

If you just want to parse C++ code, this sounds scary enough:

Pontus 12-27-2012 08:21 PM

Re: Minimal C++ compiler

On Sunday, December 23, 2012 2:44:28 AM UTC+1, Heribert Weinrot wrote:
> A "minimal C++ compiler" is kind of an oxymoron. C++ is quite difficult
>
> to parse and as an additional bonus of complexity, you have the template
>
> system. Which is a turing-complete language run at compile time.
>

> If you just want to parse C++ code, this sounds scary enough:

Thanks for the answer. After some further study I have come to the conclusion that minimal in C++ terms is in the range half a million to a million LOCs...