Velocity Reviews

-   -   2D to 3D conversion of simple CAD drawing (DXF or PDF or JPG) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t955695-2d-to-3d-conversion-of-simple-cad-drawing-dxf-or-pdf-or-jpg.html)

Jim 12-20-2012 08:08 PM

2D to 3D conversion of simple CAD drawing (DXF or PDF or JPG)

In another thread, my first task is to edit this simple CAD drawing
on Windows using freeware, where one original is in DWG and the other
is in PDF.

The second task I have after being able to edit in 2D, is to see if I
can then convert the edited results into rotatable 3D.

What's a good freeware 2D to 3D conversion program once I have the above
DWG or PDF diagram in DXF?

Jim 12-20-2012 08:20 PM

Re: 2D to 3D conversion of simple CAD drawing (DXF or PDF or JPG)

Jim wrote:

> http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/11733040.jpg
> What's a good freeware 2D to 3D conversion program once I have the above
> DWG or PDF diagram in DXF?

I should correct the question, since my input file above is in DWF
yet this input file below is in PDF which can be saved as JPG:

Q: What's good Windows freeware to convert 2D CAD drawings to 3D
if the original simple CAD drawings are in DWF or PDF or JPG?

H-Man 12-20-2012 09:48 PM

On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 20:20:38 +0000 (UTC), Jim wrote:

> Jim wrote:
>
>> http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/11733040.jpg
>> What's a good freeware 2D to 3D conversion program once I have the above
>> DWG or PDF diagram in DXF?

> I should correct the question, since my input file above is in DWF
> yet this input file below is in PDF which can be saved as JPG:
> http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/11733104.jpg
>
> Q: What's good Windows freeware to convert 2D CAD drawings to 3D
> if the original simple CAD drawings are in DWF or PDF or JPG?

AFAIK, DWF is a result of DWG which is a 2D format, or am I wrong? That
would mean there is no depth in the drawing information and it would have
to be created.

--
HK