Velocity Reviews

-   -   Microsoft weirdness (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t955387-microsoft-weirdness.html)

nospam 12-11-2012 09:43 PM

Microsoft weirdness

I rang Microsoft NZ to try and find out when the $49-99 special offer
Windows 8 upgrade price was ending. A guy in the Phillipines told me
$49-99 was the standard price and he didn't even know there was a
special offer on at the moment.

Anyone know for sure when the special pricing is ending?

Dave Doe 12-11-2012 09:56 PM

Re: Microsoft weirdness

In article <d2afc8t6bmbiv38j19vin41m6hnma1jula@4ax.com>,
nospam@nospam.nospam, nospam says...

> I rang Microsoft NZ to try and find out when the $49-99 special offer
> Windows 8 upgrade price was ending. A guy in the Phillipines told me
> $49-99 was the standard price and he didn't even know there was a
> special offer on at the moment.
>
> Anyone know for sure when the special pricing is ending?

Offer valid from October 26, 2012 until January 31, 2013 and is limited
to five upgrade licenses per customer.

.... from MS NZ site.

--
Duncan.

Frank Williams 12-12-2012 03:35 AM

Re: Microsoft weirdness

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:43:27 +1300, nospam <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote:

>I rang Microsoft NZ to try and find out when the $49-99 special offer
>Windows 8 upgrade price was ending. A guy in the Phillipines told me
>$49-99 was the standard price and he didn't even know there was a
>special offer on at the moment.
>
>Anyone know for sure when the special pricing is ending?

If you do some Net reading W8 is a Dog and is not selling at all, its
been rated as Vista..

Richard 12-12-2012 06:42 AM

Re: Microsoft weirdness

On 12/12/2012 4:35 PM, Frank Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:43:27 +1300, nospam <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote:
>

>> I rang Microsoft NZ to try and find out when the $49-99 special offer
>> Windows 8 upgrade price was ending. A guy in the Phillipines told me
>> $49-99 was the standard price and he didn't even know there was a
>> special offer on at the moment.
>>
>> Anyone know for sure when the special pricing is ending?

> If you do some Net reading W8 is a Dog and is not selling at all, its
> been rated as Vista..

I dont see the point in upgrading a working good 7 desktop computer to
it at the moment, but on the all in one touchscreen machines it is
bloody awesome.

mick.sturbes@gmail.com 01-29-2013 07:22 AM

Re: Microsoft weirdness

On Tuesday, 11 December 2012 22:43:27 UTC+1, nospam wrote:
> I rang Microsoft NZ to try and find out when the $49-99 special offer
>
> Windows 8 upgrade price was ending. A guy in the Phillipines told me
>
> $49-99 was the standard price and he didn't even know there was a
>
> special offer on at the moment.
>

> Anyone know for sure when the special pricing is ending?

Wait a while until it gets REALLY cheap, MS are struggling to sell it, personally I think it is dead in the water ..

mick.sturbes@gmail.com 01-29-2013 07:24 AM

Re: Microsoft weirdness

On Tuesday, 11 December 2012 22:43:27 UTC+1, nospam wrote:
> I rang Microsoft NZ to try and find out when the $49-99 special offer
>
> Windows 8 upgrade price was ending. A guy in the Phillipines told me
>
> $49-99 was the standard price and he didn't even know there was a
>
> special offer on at the moment.
>

> Anyone know for sure when the special pricing is ending?

Wait a while until the price falls even more, or just don't bother, it is not selling at all, my personal prediction is that it is dead in the water ..

bugalugs 01-29-2013 08:28 PM

Re: Microsoft weirdness

On 29/01/2013 8:24 p.m., mick.sturbes@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, 11 December 2012 22:43:27 UTC+1, nospam wrote:
>> I rang Microsoft NZ to try and find out when the $49-99 special offer
>>
>> Windows 8 upgrade price was ending. A guy in the Phillipines told me
>>
>> $49-99 was the standard price and he didn't even know there was a
>>
>> special offer on at the moment.
>>

>> Anyone know for sure when the special pricing is ending?

> Wait a while until the price falls even more, or just don't bother, it is not selling at all, my personal prediction is that it is dead in the water ..

The "Special Price" is $19.99 if you have bought a machine since about
July with Windows 7 installed. I think you have to register for a code
by 31 Jan and downloaded and installed by mid Feb.

--
Real friends don't let friends use windows 8.

John Little 01-29-2013 09:40 PM

Re: Microsoft weirdness

mick.sturbes@gmail.com wrote:

> Wait a while until it gets REALLY cheap, MS are struggling to sell it,
> personally I think it is dead in the water ..

Wishful thinking I'm afraid. My daughters' school has standardized on Win
8, to the point of pressuring those with existing computers to install it,
and those with ipads to trade them in.

Regards, John

Bruce Sinclair 01-29-2013 11:56 PM

Re: Microsoft weirdness

In article <ke9fkm$g0j$1@dont-email.me>, John Little <john.b.little@gmail.com> wrote:
>mick.sturbes@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Wait a while until it gets REALLY cheap, MS are struggling to sell it,
>> personally I think it is dead in the water ..

>Wishful thinking I'm afraid. My daughters' school has standardized on Win
>8, to the point of pressuring those with existing computers to install it,
>and those with ipads to trade them in.

Crazy stuff which should be resisted. :)

Bruce Sinclair 01-29-2013 11:57 PM

Re: Microsoft weirdness

In article <Ht6dnQf8t_C925XMnZ2dnUVZ_umdnZ2d@giganews.com>, Allistar <me@hiddenaddress.com> wrote:
>John Little wrote:
>
>> mick.sturbes@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> Wait a while until it gets REALLY cheap, MS are struggling to sell it,
>>> personally I think it is dead in the water ..

>> Wishful thinking I'm afraid. My daughters' school has standardized on Win
>> 8, to the point of pressuring those with existing computers to install it,
>> and those with ipads to trade them in.

>Eek. I'm please my children go to a school that has standardised on MacOSX.

The OS *Should* be irrelevant. File types should be standardised. And yes,
to non proprietary open doc ones. :)