Velocity Reviews

-   -   Establishing Https connection (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t955378-establishing-https-connection.html)

nenad.cikic@gmail.com 12-11-2012 06:26 PM

Establishing Https connection

Hello,
Once I get my xml populated I have to send it to web service.
Should I use httplib?
I am reading the docs and I have managed to open the connection with
httplib.HTTPSConnection(host[, port[, key_file[, cert_file[, strict[, timeout[, source_address]]]]]])
After that i intend to use
HTTPConnection.request('POST', url[, body[, headers]])

During opening it asks me for the password. I see that the urllib class has prompt_user_passwd() that can be overriden for the password supply, so that no console action is necessary, but with httplib how is done?
My questions are:
-am I using the right class?
-i intend to store certificate and private key in database, but how can I use them without saving back to file?

I have already developed applications for http/https but not in python, so I need some hint to point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Nenad

Kwpolska 12-11-2012 07:45 PM

Re: Establishing Https connection

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 7:26 PM, <nenad.cikic@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Once I get my xml populated I have to send it to web service.
> Should I use httplib?
> I am reading the docs and I have managed to open the connection with
> httplib.HTTPSConnection(host[, port[, key_file[, cert_file[, strict[, timeout[, source_address]]]]]])
> After that i intend to use
> HTTPConnection.request('POST', url[, body[, headers]])
>
> During opening it asks me for the password. I see that the urllib class has prompt_user_passwd() that can be overriden for the password supply, so that no console action is necessary, but with httplib how is done?
> My questions are:
> -am I using the right class?
> -i intend to store certificate and private key in database, but how can Iuse them without saving back to file?
>
> I have already developed applications for http/https but not in python, so I need some hint to point me in the right direction.
>
> Thanks
> Nenad

I, for one, suggest <http://python-requests.org/> for your sanity. I
guess it would be something along the lines of:

import requests
xml = """<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> ..."""
files = {'file-field-as-requested-by-the-service': xml}
requests.post(url, files=files, auth=HTTPDigestAuth('user', 'pass'))

Plus http://docs.python-requests.org/en/l...t-verification
and other stuff from there.

Httplib may not be wrong, but I’m doing this for your sanity.
--
Kwpolska <http://kwpolska.tk>
stop html mail | always bottom-post

nenad.cikic@gmail.com 12-12-2012 02:25 AM